CHAMP PH2867XL C&P

Off of a 2017 Mitsubishi Lancer 2.4 for 4,100~ miles / 6 months. Used with Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20. Same exact filter & oil went in.

(I’m on mobile hopefully attachments worked)

Attachments

• IMG_3900.jpeg
    IMG_3900.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3901.jpeg
    IMG_3901.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3902.jpeg
    IMG_3902.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3907.jpeg
    IMG_3907.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3906.jpeg
    IMG_3906.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3909.jpeg
    IMG_3909.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3903.jpeg
    IMG_3903.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_3908.jpeg
    IMG_3908.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3910.jpeg
    IMG_3910.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3911.jpeg
    IMG_3911.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 54
The Champ factory has , by far, the best QC for USA filters IMO.. but I would never pay what they are asking if they are putting a nitrile adbv which is NOT supposed to be there.

The Champ factory has , by far, the best QC for USA filters IMO.. but I would never pay what they are asking if they are putting a nitrile adbv which is NOT supposed to be there.
I just checked the Champ XL filters I ordered from Rock Auto earlier this year and they all have a red silicone ADBV. IIRC during the supply chain crisis during the epidemic which can't be named several manufacturers substituted nitrile ADBV's for silicone as a temporary measure.

Now, now-we all know Champ/Fram/FB is the home of the black silicone ADBV! :ROFLMAO: (Seriously, the AEM ones are supposed to be as good as silicone, I will test the one in my ACDelco Ultraguard UPF48R when I change it next)

Now, now-we all know Champ/Fram/FB is the home of the black silicone ADBV! :ROFLMAO: (Seriously, the AEM ones are supposed to be as good as silicone, I will test the one in my ACDelco Ultraguard UPF48R when I change it next)

That would be very cool to test.. just make sure and do it over 10k and maybe a year + miniumum .

Even so.. if one has to sit around wondering what it is.. why even purchase ?

It's been a year already-the thirsty beast usually only gets driven when there's something to haul, or maybe once a month to keep the brakes from rusting!

IDK if "AEM" is as good as silicone, or perhaps somewhat better than nitrile. I do know that silicone has been used on premium filters for a long time. It is superior to nitrile for longer service intervals, heat cold cycles and changes in temps. Also, afaik, of the Champ made filters, 'only' ACDelco (not topic XL) claim AEM being used. AEM is followed by the word "rubber" in ACDelco published literature. So conclusion, AEM or nitrile, it's rubber.

Perhaps here, supply chain issues were a factor. But, seen a couple XL with black, not silicone adbv. Still only one proven black silicone adbv, the black adbv used on Toyota Thai Denso OEM.

^^^"How about the green adbv in the Toyota filters?" I can't recall seeing a burn test on it, but' I'd be willing to 'speculate; it too is silicone. While not scientific, the other than black adbvs are/have been silicone. However back to topic, as accurately noted, the Toyota Thai Denso OEM with black adbv currently remains unique when it comes to composition.

Otoh, the Denso First Time Fit (FTF) with China coo, have been burn test proven (several times) to be nitrile. That despite their website and box claim of silicone. That information remains from before FTF moved production to China, and they used orange/red color adbvs.

Back