Champ PH2835 on Jeep Wrangler 4.0?

Looking for feedback to see if anyone has ran a Champ PH2835 (or PH2835XL) on a Jeep Wrangler 4.0? If so how did it go?

Looking at the specs the can is substantially smaller than the Fram TG16 or Wix 51085 I usually run.

Thanks for any feedback.

Ryan

I have not run that filter specifically, but a friend who owned a 2000 Cherokee 4.0L had the same size Fram PH3614 on his from a quick lube when I went to change it for him. No issues besides it being extremely tight, he put about 6000 miles on the filter. I've run the PH3600 and Wix 51516, which are basically identical just a bit longer. The Champ XLs are great filters, and the size you listed is the only one I see available for the 4.0 on Rockauto. I'd run it.

I have not run that filter specifically, but a friend who owned a 2000 Cherokee 4.0L had the same size Fram PH3614 on his from a quick lube when I went to change it for him. No issues besides it being extremely tight, he put about 6000 miles on the filter. I've run the PH3600 and Wix 51516, which are basically identical just a bit longer. The Champ XLs are great filters, and the size you listed is the only one I see available for the 4.0 on Rockauto. I'd run it.
Rock Auto also sells the PH400XL which is the equivalent of the 3600.

Thanks - I appreciate the info.

Rock Auto also sells the PH400XL which is the equivalent of the 3600.
The 3600 size might not fit on a Wrangler where the filter sits perpendicular to the frame. On a Cherokee it will fit since the filter sits parallel to the engine with an oil filter adapter. I know on my Wrangler 4.0 a PH16 size barely fits.

Back