Champ / Luber-Finer PH2867XL - wouldn't spin on

RA is a gamble and they know that hence their hard to return process. I try to order things as needed in the near future that way I can return it within 30 day return window. Maybe C&P? Or put them on FB marketplace for free for someone?

I'll try another one or all other 3, took only one with me when went to change oil in daughter's car, 45 miles away.
Ended up putting old filter back on for now, she's gonna bring car to me within 2 months to do brakes so I'll change filter regardless.
It was a good day otherwise, weather was great, had a visit with her and lunch, changed tensioner pulley, belt, summer tires went back on, air and CAF, oil, discovered rear brake pads are about dead.

Bought 4 filters from RA on Dec 29/23, tried one today - would not go on past half turn... :mad:
RA shows them as 'No longer covered under the manufacturer's warranty' and they are missing as an option for the car.
I bought them to replace Bosch 3323 that came with closed louvers... that's another 4 filters to go into trash.
Can you post pictures and or cut them open for us to see?

Bought 4 filters from RA on Dec 29/23, tried one today - would not go on past half turn... :mad:
Did RA show what the thread dia x pitch was suppose to be on those filters? According to a cross reference, it looks like they should be metric M20 x 1.5.

Not long ago, @jeepman3071 had similar/same issue with "2867"Champ XL from RA*. The WRONG label was on the filter and it also wouldn't screw on because wrong thread pitch (sae). Reads like that's what happened here again.

Between the Mexican made Bosch crap (nothing "premium" about it) and now this, you're not having much luck with RA filter purchases.

The car this filter was to go onto is '08 Acura CSX which is basically Honda Civic. I didn't pay attention to thread diameter and pitch, filter was listed under parts for the car on RA site. IMHO, dia is right but the pitch, could as well be the reason RA pulled filter as compatible.
Trying to post pix....

IMG_20240414_092411737_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240414_092351463_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240414_092331951_HDR.jpg

Champ 2867XL is the direct replacement for anything FRAM 7317 and so I think most every Honda and many Nissan's. Its the one I use. Should have a M20 x 1.5 thread. Possibly thread is wrong pitch / mislabeled part. Possibly they cut the threads too shallow. A professional manufacturer would tell you both of these possibilities should be impossible :(

Thing with that car is to change that oil filter I need to take front passenger wheel off and doing it in driveway, then some oil is pouring on suspension and driveshaft and need to clean that. Why such a design? On both Kia's we have I don't even need to jack them up for oil changes and only need 17mm wrench for drain plug.

Back