Chainsaw chains

Do you use a skip tooth on the 32 inch? The new 92cc xp is on my bucket list when I win the lottery.
I have a skip chain, I use it on really large logs as it removes the saw chips better. I have a regular non skip on there now, the saw has the power to pull it fine, just.pulls out sawdust better with the skip chain, especially on large gummy pine.

I don't consider full chisel an all-purpose chain. Dealers love selling it because it brings in repeat business to homeowners and arborists need it readily available. Cuts like a banshee out of the box, but dulls after a few tanks of gas.
Tanks of gas? Try a 2 inch piece of juniper! That will dull one in seconds.

I did not have time to read all the responses but I really like the archer chains from ebay. Im not a lumberjack so dont take my advice too serious but I have never had to sharpen the one on my CS-670 and it is still grabby..........

Husky chain is made by Oregon. There are only 3(sort of) chain makers that aren't China knockoff stuff. Stihl, Oregon, and Carlton and Carlton is part of Oregon now but still make their style of chain.

Husky chain is made by Oregon. There are only 3(sort of) chain makers that aren't China knockoff stuff. Stihl, Oregon, and Carlton and Carlton is part of Oregon now but still make their style of chain.
Husqvarna X cut chain is made in Sweden by Husqvarna.
Husqvarna’s new chain factory was built from the ground up over several years. Its location, next door to the original chainsaw factory in Huskvarna, Sweden, underlines the X-Cut® chain’s position at the heart of the Husqvarna brand.

As an advanced manufacturing facility, the chain factory features a variety of high-tech machines and winding production lines. No part of the X-Cut® chain arrives from a supplier; from raw steel to finished product, the entire manufacturing process takes place here. In fact, thanks to a sawmill addition, testing takes place here, too.

Husqvarna X cut chain is made in Sweden by Husqvarna.
Husqvarna’s new chain factory was built from the ground up over several years. Its location, next door to the original chainsaw factory in Huskvarna, Sweden, underlines the X-Cut® chain’s position at the heart of the Husqvarna brand.

As an advanced manufacturing facility, the chain factory features a variety of high-tech machines and winding production lines. No part of the X-Cut® chain arrives from a supplier; from raw steel to finished product, the entire manufacturing process takes place here. In fact, thanks to a sawmill addition, testing takes place here, too.
I stand corrected then. I haven't been in the chainsaw world much lately so didn't know it changed. Looks like there are some Husky dealers popping up that arent Tractor supply so might have to give it a try.

Can't believe I missed this thread! I have about 25 powersaws and this season, the Ash has really been coming in due to the EAB, so I haven't been online much this summer. The tree service has been bringing me oak and beautiful cherry too. Some have been great for milling!

I would say my go-to chain has been Oregon EXL's. I still run some Stihl RS chains on a few and tried a new Husky X-Cut last year, which I really like. Out of the box with no touch-up though - I'm liking the EXL.

Back