Cellular base for landline phone service

Status
Not open for further replies.
we had 2 at once point when my wife needed a business line for home, it was cheap and worked as it should, I know a bunch of people that have them, the only thing you have to watch out for is that you have good cell reception around your home.

You also can't use them for fax machines, alarm systems and a few other things.

I have Straight Talk from Walmart. I order it online. It has worked fine. At my location it uses the Verizon network. No contract. Set up to auto pay monthly. About $16.5o monthly. Only hassle was I lost my old phone number. I was a knuckle head and called Cox first. They shut my phone off. Good luck

I bought a AT&T Homebase on ebay for $25, took it to an AT&T store and activated it. I have 25g a month for $60. They also gave me a phone number for it where I can plug in a phone for free phone service. I don't use it for home phone but tried it once and it worked great. The internet service is broadband fast. It's all I can get at my home. I bring the box with me in my travels and it works all over the country. Verizon has a similar plan.

The cell phone bases my customers have used were all good, including Straight talk, no bad stories. ZTE I am unaware of.

If you have good Internet service why not Ooma? It works exactly like any pay TV provider VOIP phone system, even security systems (equipment and systems can matter with security systems on any VOIP or Cell based line but most cases VOIP works everytime)

All you pay are the monthly "landline" taxes of less then $5.00. Unlimited nationwide everything, caller ID etc, free, one time purchase of the device, no other charges unless for some reason you want a few dozen options at a monthly charge.

Last edited:
Assuming you already have broadband internet, purchase an Ooma device and downgrade to their "free" plan.

I pay $5 per month for unlimited domestic calling. It has worked flawlessly.

The ooma device goes on sale quite frequently, I paid 45 for mine. It is a little ATA adapter with a answering machine integrated.

The call quality of Ooma is far superior to any cell phone I have used.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
Assuming you already have broadband internet, purchase an Ooma device and downgrade to their "free" plan.

I pay $5 per month for unlimited domestic calling. It has worked flawlessly.

The ooma device goes on sale quite frequently, I paid 45 for mine. It is a little ATA adapter with a answering machine integrated.

The call quality of Ooma is far superior to any cell phone I have used.

^^^ That, He said it better then me ^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back