Cell Phone Batteries

I own a Samsung Galaxy J7 phone. I think it needs a new battery and have been looking online and local for one. Interstate Batteries sells them for $38. Amazon sells them for $11-$15.
Where have you bought a good cell phone battery from?

What year J7 they have different size batteries?
what phone service do you use?

Since its a 5-6 year old phone I'd go with the cheap one.

anything over 15$ would be better spent on an upgrade.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC1
I have never had good luck with inexpensive (Chinese) replacements. Some, if not all were worse when new than the old ones were at several years old.

Is it easy to replace or is it the typical (nowadays) that requires unique tools, taking the screen and digitizer apart, and so on ? If it's easy to replace, I'd look for a mid-range one and even then, good luck. I've bought new "OEM" batteries that were clearly fake or (very) used and just re-packaged. Once, the replacement was worse than the old battery I replaced ! Buying an OEM battery direct is almost cost-prohibitive too, presuming it's even available.

if its capable of G4 + easily replaced + your satisfied with it why not. everyone dont need or want the latest greatest $$$. if my G-3 flip phone on att wasnt going away i would use it forever!!

Is it easy to replace or is it the typical (nowadays) that requires unique tools, taking the screen and digitizer apart, and so on ? If it's easy to replace, I'd look for a mid-range one and even then, good luck. I've bought new "OEM" batteries that were clearly fake or (very) used and just re-packaged. Once, the replacement was worse than the old battery I replaced ! Buying an OEM battery direct is almost cost-prohibitive too, presuming it's even available.

The case is glued together to make it water resistant. It's not even like an iPhone which is held in place with screws and an adhesive seal that gets replaced with a battery service. This shop shows how they do it, which starts by putting it in somewhat of an oven to soften the adhesive and then they use picks to pry it open.

i did a battery replacement on my 1st gen iphone se. i didn't see improvement, it cost about $6 off ebay. i even followed their instructions on how to retrain the phone to recognize the new battery letting it drain to 0 charging to 100% then leaving on the charger for several addition hours.. no go.

maybe and hopefully android are different. i honestly believe apple writes in their software updates to play wonky battery tricks on aging devices. gimmick so buy a new iphone.

I have never had good luck with inexpensive (Chinese) replacements. Some, if not all were worse when new than the old ones were at several years old.
+1
Furthermore, many of the OEM batteries they are selling are either knockoffs/fakes or worn-out old batteries.

Last edited:
Is the thread starterphone an older prepaid model that no longer receives security updates?
i was using the iphone 4s till recent. made great phone calls and text. i got worried with the sprint 3g shutdown. been bouncing around to different carriers using various handsets and i'm not happy. if you're just making calls and texts no banking then security updates aren't a deal breaker to replace a device.

Back