Celebrating 6 yrs of US Citizenship :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait... I didn't think we had immigration laws and processes.
smile.gif

Congratulations, welcome, and we're happy to have you.

Congrats!

We home school our children and when they are studying US history I may make a field trip out of viewing a citizenship ceremony so they get a better appreciation for the blessing they have in being born citizens of this great nation.

On a side note, that picture threw me of. I always pictured you as a balding, slightly overweight, middle-aged white guy, even after reading the thread title.

Originally Posted By: DoiInthanon
Congratulations fellow citizen. I have attended two of those ceremonies at the Federal Courthouse in St Louis. They are very moving. In St Louis each new citizen stands at the invitation of the judge(a Missouri Supreme Court Judge-Retired) and states their name, country of origin, and something about themselves. People from all over the world. It is emotional and uplifting. Both times I left the ceremony in a great mood, renewed in hope for our country's future.

I went for friends, but would go again for the inspiration, should I ever need to reaffirm my faith that our country will continue to be a beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world.

I was 12 when I got my citizenship, i never went through or saw any of that, maybe my parents did.

I have been around the world, I absolutely hate it anywhere but usa, I think I'm a spoiled american, but a very very proud one at that. Most Americans don't realize how lucky they are, this is truly the land of opportunities.

Congrats and Welcome.

My parents were immigrants.

It always amazes me that so many want to come here and yet so many here do nothing but COMPLAIN.....

Welcome & congratulations!!

My Wife is from Cambodia, a citizen also, loves America, very hard worker and her food is AWESOME.
smile.gif

Wonderful picture! I'm not an American but have nothing but respect for my cousins to the south and have considered moving several times. Family keeps me up north
grin.gif

Well done and congratulations !! I salute you for the initiative it took to do this and for "doing it right." All the advocates of illegal immigration like to compare the undocumented to the immigrant foundation that helped build this nation but they are wrong. It was and is citizens like yourself who formed the foundation and now serve to set the example of how it is supposed to be done, to immigrate here and make a life, contribute to the nation's fabric with your unique skills, abilities, and culture while respecting and abiding the nation's laws and customs, and finally asking not what America can do for you but what you can do for America (quoting JFK here).

Well done!

Congrats!! My dad is am immigrant from Syria. He went college here and never looked back.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Well done and congratulations !! I salute you for the initiative it took to do this and for "doing it right." All the advocates of illegal immigration like to compare the undocumented to the immigrant foundation that helped build this nation but they are wrong. It was and is citizens like yourself who formed the foundation and now serve to set the example of how it is supposed to be done, to immigrate here and make a life, contribute to the nation's fabric with your unique skills, abilities, and culture while respecting and abiding the nation's laws and customs, and finally asking not what America can do for you but what you can do for America (quoting JFK here).

Well done!

Well said LoneRanger!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back