CCW permit renewal

I dont need a permit for in state carry anymore but I keep renewing mine for the reciprocity. The last time I renewed it took 10 days and the fee was tax deductible. God I love this state.

Finally…after 3 1/2 months my CCW renewal arrived in the mail! It seems the new sheriff 🦄made it purposely laborious and redundant with all the extra paperwork and having to jump through more hoops than the original CCW by the former sheriff. 🐘 I had to get 3 documents notarized that weren’t required on the original and they slow walked the entire renewal process. Anyway I can buy more guns and ammo more easily for another 5 years and the reciprocity is nice to have while traveling.

Finally…after 3 1/2 months my CCW renewal arrived in the mail! It seems the new sheriff 🦄made it purposely laborious and redundant with all the extra paperwork and having to jump through more hoops than the original CCW by the former sheriff. 🐘 I had to get 3 documents notarized that weren’t required on the original and they slow walked the entire renewal process. Anyway I can buy more guns and ammo more easily for another 5 years and the reciprocity is nice to have while traveling.
I didn't know North Carolina was getting that bad?

... in Arizona, in having a CCW is it exempts you from a background check when you buy a firearm. A lot of the time the Instacheck System goes down. And it happens a lot on weekends when gun shows are going on.
I've also heard that police, as well as some District Attorney's look a bit more favorably on you, if you're in possession of one, and are involved in a just shooting. They feel you, "went out of your way", to receive additional training by getting one. ...

I dont need a permit for in state carry anymore but I keep renewing mine for the reciprocity. The last time I renewed it took 10 days and the fee was tax deductible. God I love this state.
These are good reasons. Another one is that here in WA it exempts you from the waiting period for buying a firearm. Another reason is harder to quantify: in some areas when the police run your license plate, the system tells them whether you have a carry permit. Most officers take this as a signal that you are "one of the good guys" (though this of course varies depending on the individual officer). But it is a fact that people with carry permits as a whole are more peaceful and law abiding than the general population.

In MO, a CCW permit is no longer required but I still keep mine active. $50 for five years. In the county I live in, you just walk in and get it renewed. Not like the last county I lived in that required an appointment.

I also can carry under LEOSA and have to requalify every year to keep that active since I'm retired.

Back