CCW permit renewal

My CCW permit was set to expire 9/22/22 so I filled out the 6 pages of questions, signed and notarized 3 of the pages and hand delivered the papers to my county’s sheriffs office in early August, plenty of time…at least I thought, to get my renewal before it expired. Just got an email that my renewed permit will arrive in about 2 weeks, over 3 months after applying for the renewal. Though my permit had expired on 9/22/22 I could legally carry during this time but couldn’t buy a gun until my renewal arrived. A new sheriff was elected last year and the renewal was even more stringent than the original permit 🤐 ! I have friends in neighboring counties that have gotten their CCW renewals in as little as 2 weeks. How difficult is it for CCW holders in your state/county to obtain or renew a CCW?

Ohio no longer requires a CCW as of March, 2022. However, I have one and will renew it for reciprocity reasons.
It does prohibit certain individuals from carrying.

But renewing it is easy, however it takes a few days as you gotta go back to pick up the new license. I live in a large D county and it's not an issue

In reality, I rarely carry. The last time I did was when I went to the Springfield Swap meet, other than that, I always carry my Sig Sauer P365 when I go to my synagogue.

Indiana has several options. They’re “constitutional carry” now in-state; you can get a 5-yr permit for FREE with fingerprints and about a month delay, or you can get a lifetime carry (which allows out-of-state reciprocity carry for both 5yr and lifetime) for about $110 and the same timeline as 5yr.

To add. You make an online appointment in my county with available time slots in a few days.
My elected Sherriff is a D. The office doesn't play a waiting game like some states. The soonest appt as I type this is Monday 11/28 @ 8:20 AM.

Applied 5 months ago, still waiting... Gotta love the liberal Sheriff in Mecklenburg county. My CCW classmates from neighbouring counties got their permits 4+ months ago...

To add. You make an online appointment in my county with available time slots in a few days.
My elected Sherriff is a D. The office doesn't play a waiting game like some states. The soonest appt as I type this is Monday 11/28 @ 8:20 AM.

Yes, the e-printing process is extremely efficient these days- usually as soon as you can actually fit it in your schedule there is an available time. 👍🏻

Here’s Indiana’s reciprocity map; if anyone wants to see if you have a resident permit where you have reciprocity in other states, let me know and I’ll post.

Attachments

• 6CBB7587-0928-495D-8E3B-6A5D5B72B1BE.jpeg
    6CBB7587-0928-495D-8E3B-6A5D5B72B1BE.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 38
And it's "may issue" meaning that there is no obligation to actually issue you one if they just don't feel like it. No reason for denial has to be given.

Four weeks in Virginia Beach, with on-line renewal and text updates on application progress.
VA is a “shall issue” state, yes?

Attachments

• ACABBD43-73DA-4FB2-992F-90978751689F.jpeg
    ACABBD43-73DA-4FB2-992F-90978751689F.jpeg
    373.1 KB · Views: 10
Here in SC, I don't give the paperwork to the county Sheriff. I mail it to SLED in Colubmia and get the renewal in 4-6 weeks. The permit is good for 5 years here. It won't have to renew until November 2025.

I carry the conceal permit for the State of Connecticut and have done so for 40 years.
No issues for renewal. Paperwork in hand show old license get new photo at time of reissue all done at the State Police location.

Total time including the drive to less than 1 hour.

I also carry Conceal permits as a non resident for the State of Utah and the State of Florida.

Each was completed in less than a month for each one . These were both new issue.

Great forms of identification but I usually do my Drivers license first then my VA Id then my choice the CC permits.

Convert

I carry the conceal permit for the State of Connecticut and have done so for 40 years.
No issues for renewal. Paperwork in hand show old license get new photo at time of reissue all done at the State Police location.

Total time including the drive to less than 1 hour.

I also carry Conceal permits as a non resident for the State of Utah and the State of Florida.

Each was completed in less than a month for each one . These were both new issue.

Great forms of identification but I usually do my Drivers license first then my VA Id then my choice the CC permits.

Convert

Attachments

• 01AC2FD2-40C6-46B2-9D7E-BC900402DF03.jpeg
    01AC2FD2-40C6-46B2-9D7E-BC900402DF03.jpeg
    377.9 KB · Views: 14
  • A6566A20-E448-4C03-80B3-C0479D51AF9F.jpeg
    A6566A20-E448-4C03-80B3-C0479D51AF9F.jpeg
    395 KB · Views: 15
Back