Cat Walking

You mean like this!! I take my dogs out for walks 2-3 times a day and my cat comes with us. Dogs are 11 and 13 yrs old and the cat is 14( the small brown one has passed on) but the other 2 are still going strong,, been doing this for quite a while, my neighbors are astonished at this and always make remarks.
😄

My question is which is the smarter cat, one which follows or one which doesn't?
Trick question, the cat will do only what the cat wants to do!

I could probably get my fat black cat Salem (in the shower) to follow me around, my other black cat (she’s spoiled because she is my only “daughter” according to my wife) and “Goose” (because she has the temperament of a goose and is actually in charge of the house) are in no way having any part of of a walk.
293E021E-AC50-48BA-BE90-6D68B50D5AB1.jpeg
E7729562-F3E1-4726-9CB5-32CB1044784C.jpeg

4F005F36-4E6E-4449-9CE7-96E6F4FA9F97.jpeg

I seen the darnest thing in my neighborhood a couple times now. There's a family who seems to walk the neighborhood on a regular basis with their small dog which is well behaved and inleashed. What floors me is their cat who follows them along unleashed. I never seen anything like that from a cat. Their cat even looks both ways before crossing the street. Has anyone seen such behavior from a cat? I will try to get a pic next time I see them.
get a leash for the cat's safety and walk the cat.

I have a stray living in my tractor shed. Literally every time I go in there she’s perched on the seat. I don’t mind cause she keeps the rodents away. At first she would run away when I approached but now I can pet her with one hand. Runs off if I try to grab her. I suspect she must take her walks at night.

Walk the dog every day down to the mailbox and the cat walks along with us unleashed. A previous cat also would follow along on walks and would also play fetch with a paper ball for an hour at a time. Cats are smarter than the aloof stereotype they have been given. They can be trained but you must make a personal connection with them. Many cat owners dont take the time to play with them and interact to make that connection.

My cats would never do such a thing.
We had a cat that didn't seem to comprehend what grass was. He was definitely an indoor cat but was okay with coming outside and would stay on the concrete patio or sidewalk but if you picked him up and put him in the grass, he jump out of it towards the concrete and then to the door, as in "screw you guys, let me back in the house". :ROFLMAO:

Yup, we owned a cat we named KC (Kitty Cat) that would follow us on walks through the woods with our dog. Miss that old kitty.

I have a feral cat that follows me around the yard and waits for me to come out every day. Friendliest cat I've ever seen. Great at catching chipmunks too!

Back