Castrol Syntec nowhere to be found?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been to 3 Wal-Marts, 2 KMarts, Home Depot, 1 AAP and 1 NAPA in the Northwest Indiana area, between Valparaiso and Merrilville. Absoutely NO ONE has more than 2 quarts of 5W30 Castrol Syntec and absoutely ZERO 5 Quart jugs in either Castrol High Milage, Castrol Startup, Castrol Synth Blend, or Castrol Syntec.

I hit up AutoZone but they only had 1 quart bottles and I would rather get the 5 Quart jug since you basically get 1 Quart extra for the same price and I like to have a little extra sitting around anyway.

I am just curious if anyone else has seen Castrol products missing en mass from the shelves of their favorite *-Mart?

I have been using Mobil 1 5W30 and been perfectly happy with it. Just want to try the Castrol Syntec in my Infiniti G20 to see how it runs since I have had such luck with Castrol High Mileage in my girlfriends MX3 and in my old Mazda Millenia. I know I know, it may sound stupid since I have read that Castrol Syntec is not really a favorite around here.

Thanks in advance.

you know- i never see the blend at NAPA- but every where else i go, they have quite a bit- but still not as much as they do the other brands- but they carry a whole boat load of dino GTX. wonder why that is

I saw NAPA had their own Full Synthetic but I had never heard of it before. Saw tons of GTX everywhere but anything semi or full synth was non-existant. I dont remember seeing any sales in the paper for Castrol either. Very odd. Maybe its an omen that I should not try CAstrol Syntec hehe.
tongue.gif

Does your Infinity have the VQ Nissan V6? If so, you might want to try some 10W-40 since alot of folks on this site say that Nissan engines prefer a thicker oil.

Local WalMart was closing out Syntec 5w50 this weekend for 2 bucks a quart. Yeah,I bought every one they had!

quote:

Originally posted by Clyde65:
Does your Infinity have the VQ Nissan V6? If so, you might want to try some 10W-40 since alot of folks on this site say that Nissan engines prefer a thicker oil.

Nope I have the infamous SR20DE in my Infiniti G20. After doing much research it loves 5W30 all day everyday in every type of weather condition.

As for WalMart clearing out Syntec for $2 a qt what area of the country are you in? When I was at Wal-Mart the Castrol Synthetics were so cleared out (which they usually are not at all) that it looked like they pulled them from the shelves as if they were no longer going to carry it. I hope this is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back