Castrol Syntec 5w30 10,223 124,237

Status
Not open for further replies.

ers

2000 Toyota Tundra. Most of the 10,000+ miles were highway. I drive 100 miles a day to and from work (100 total each day). The time elapsed on the oil change was 5 months and 1 week. Opinions on these results appreciated. As you can see their comments are positive. Opinions on whether or not Mobil 1 might give even better results. Great forums! Many thanks.

ERS

Originally Posted By: ers
Opinions on whether or not Mobil 1 might give even better results.

I couldn't imagine a better report; stick with Castrol.

Was this edge the black bottle or gold bottle. Syntec never had the titanium additive before. Only castrol edge gold bottle with FST.

Thanks for the replies. Exactly what is TBN? Thanks again.

ERS
TBN stands for Total Base Number, indicates the remaining acid-neutralizing ability in the oil. Below 2.0 is shaky, below 1.0 is bad. I can't believe the iron at only 7 PPM-M1 would exceed that on a couple trips around the block! Those 4.7 Toyota V8s will last forever with numbers like that!

Stick with the Edge!! (I think this is Edge due to the Titanium) I have been extremely impressed with it and after I run the rest of my stash of other lubes I think I am gonna use it exclusively. I just had a great report from my Charger that I will be posting tomorrow.

Timing belt? Yes, about 40,000 ago. I actually bought the truck used almost 2 yrs ago. The original owner changed the brake fluid every 7500 miles if that tells you anything about him. Very extensive on the maintenance done on the truck. I would post a pic of it but not sure how that is with the moderators. Thanks for all the replies.

ERS

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Stick with the Edge!! (I think this is Edge due to the Titanium) I have been extremely impressed with it and after I run the rest of my stash of other lubes I think I am gonna use it exclusively. I just had a great report from my Charger that I will be posting tomorrow.

Same here. I'm very impressed with edge with Ti. I think I'm switching my ecoboost over to it.

Again I'll have to add until the OP can confirm. This was edge with ti, NOT syntec. Syntec does not have the titanium additive.

Yes I must have put syntec on the UOA instead of edge. Would that change the results when it should have been edge instead of syntec?

ERS

Excellent report. I haven't used much Castrol products in the past, most due to availability and cost. However I wouldn't hesitate to if the price was right.

Great report. I've done one run and UOA with Edge Ti and was very impressed with it. Besides great running characteristics I've noticed it tends to stay in grade really, really well.

Good stuff!

Yes I must have put syntec on the UOA instead of edge. Would that change the results when it should have been edge instead of syntec?

ERS

The oil, edge vs syntec, wouldn't have any influence on the report since blackstone doesn't use VOA information. However the wear metals, no one knows what the difference would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back