CASTROL STARTUP OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello , I have been searching through this site for a while now and have learned a great deal .Thanks for all your knowledge, have one question ,I have a 2004 ford expy 5.4 very noisey at start up tried using castrols new startup oil 5w30 noise is gone. Has anybody had any experience with this oil, I have searched many sites not much info found, thanks for your help .

welcome.gif
It's a neat name for an oil. It's got polar properties that aren't unique or distinctive over other like formulated oils ..but it obviously worked for you. You didn't happen to also change your filter brand at the same time, did you?

I've never used this oil.

Hidden on Castrol site-

All I know is all of it's on my Kragen discontinued bench, no longer on the shelves and if it goes low enough I'll buy it.

As to your question, no i have used mc 820s filters and have tried almost every 5w20 5w30 syn to dino. Only startup oil seems to make a difference. Live in florida have not tried it in cold weather yet.

I used some StartUp in the spring with a 50/50 blend of Castrol HM. It was probably the quietest my '98 Frontier 2.4L has been at start up. Off hand I don't recall seeing any UOAs with it, but I haven't really looked. If I found sone in a bargain bin somewhere I might start a small stash of it. I wonder how it would be in a GC blend?

I too used it once and was happy with it. My engine was pretty quiet. I have enough for another change and will use it this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back