Castrol GTX Magnatec 5W-30, 10212 km, 2018 F150 3.5 EcoBoost

Ran a little longer OCI on this run, 10212 km or about 6350 miles.
Last analysis was about a year ago.

Seen that they have flagged oil degradation, & Nitration with the longer interval.

Seems like about 8000 kilometers is best for this engine in my opinion.
Still not much difference in wear metals, even as it was flagged for COx, NOx.

Attachments

• 9 AGAT.pdf
    78.6 KB · Views: 378
Reactions: JC1
What was the city/highway mix on this OCI? How about idling?
I live rural Saskatchewan, in Canada. Mostly long trips. Not much city driving at all. Most of my trips are at least 30 minutes driving one way, and many trips of 90 minutes.

I don't really understand their "UC, UR, LR, LC" indicators. I can read the words, of course, but at one point 54PPM of B was not flagged at all, whereas now 54PPM of B is Lower Critical. In between these, 33PPM was merely Lower Reportable.

Were those different fluids, or what's happening with those flags vs PPM results?

I don't really understand their "UC, UR, LR, LC" indicators. I can read the words, of course, but at one point 54PPM of B was not flagged at all, whereas now 54PPM of B is Lower Critical. In between these, 33PPM was merely Lower Reportable.

Were those different fluids, or what's happening with those flags vs PPM results?
Yes, I was using a different brand of oil. I think they flag them when the additives are less than 50% of baseline.

Back