Castrol GTX High Mileage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at a local carparts store today and noticed Castrol GTX High Mileage oil. I know GTX is very good but would high mileage be even better for my 1994 Saturn SL1 with 160k miles?

--Matt

I think it is definitely worth a try, I have been using it recently on my 5.0 L Town Car which has been a high oil consumer for a long time. I definitely notice a difference in lower oil consumption since switching to Castrol High Mileage, seems to have been cut down by 50%. The oil seems to stay cleaner longer as well something else I noticed. I like it. The oil costs a fair bit more than GTX, but seems worth it in my case.

when my oil turns black it tells me it's WORKING
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by mkosem:
ya, unless it's turning black from blowby. perhaps the castrol reduced blowby a bit.

--Matt

yeah that is right, my oil turns black extremely fast on this engine, seems better with Castrol H.M though, not a scientific test but I like it . I am using 10w-30 weight, this oil seems to have a thicker viscosity than their GTX 10w-30 by looking at both of them.

Just curious,

Did you happen to notice if the label stated that it was for high mileage engines, or for longer duration drain intervals?

it said for high mileage engines. The bottle was a different color too.

--Matt

ya, unless it's turning black from blowby. perhaps the castrol reduced blowby a bit.

--Matt

I just switched to this stuff from MaxLife in my Grand Cherokee 5.2 with 126k. From what I've gathered MaxLife isn't as good as it used to be and GTX has always been a good oil and even has a little moly in it.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back