Castrol GT LMA synthetic brake fluid ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the info Bror :D

i havent had time to check the forums so i went ahead and got some ProStop semi metallic brake bads that seemed to have a quality feel to them, So far they perform really good and i am happy with the purchase. got them for $34.99

I was confused about the whole ceramic pads as this is a standard get to work in/grocery getter so high performance brakes arent need.

As for the fluid i havent changed it out yet, but i am going to this week becuase the brakes did have a little spongy feel to them, also im going to have the Rotors resurfaced, my mechanic said they were within factory range so he can trim some off :D.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Originally Posted By: Ken2
The quality in brake fluid is how high it holds its boiling point over time when moisture is absorbed. LMA is one of the better ones.

I understand that but in a normal service situation do you notice a difference? do parts seem to last longer? did you begin to experience brake fade at the end of the fluid's life? Did the "feel" change?
Most of us don't notice anything. I know of two times fluid boiled, one detailed in the local newspaper where a death resulted and the authorities published the report, another told to me by a friend who got his truck and horse trailer stopped with the parking brake and downshifting. The clue...when his brakes cooled, they worked fine; when they were hot the pedal went to the floor. Another fatal wreck happened nearby, and the newspaper report listed conditions consistent with brake fluid boiling...the pedal goes to the floor after hard braking.

I change the brake fluid regularly AND use a high wet-boiling point fluid.

Originally Posted By: UberxG
I was confused about the whole ceramic pads as this is a standard get to work in/grocery getter so high performance brakes arent need.

im going to have the Rotors resurfaced, my mechanic said they were within factory range so he can trim some off.
Ceramic pad material is mainly for quiet, clean pads, not for high performance.

Are the rotors grooved? If not, they don't need to be resurfaced. You can remove them, remove the glaze on both sides with fine emery cloth, and reinstall them.

I've ran at a local road course with the GT LMA fluid. I had Axxis metal master pads, and teh pads faded before the fluid did, on "high performance" all seasons.

The pads are great, but the fluid is even better! Good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back