Brake Bleeding

Ever since I changed the brake pads on the front of my vehicle I've had a low pedal . I'm suspecting air got into the system when I pushed in the piston on an angle and it started leaking fluid .
I know your suppose to start bleeding from the caliper furthest from the Master Cylinder . But if I bleed the front calipers , am I wasting my time ?

It would not hurt to try the front calipers first; however, if it doesn't give you a firm pedal, you will end up doing it again after starting at the right rear wheel. On some Honda's (e.g., CRV, Element), the FSM says to bleed them from caliper closest to the master cylinder first.

leaking from where? under the hood from the reservoir? from the caliper or piston itself?

It was leaking from the piston because the piston popped out to far and was hard to get back in .
Did you check if that piston seal is now dry and not weeping? If the piston came that far out over time it may have got some corrosion on it or not. When something like that happens I hone the bore in needed, put a new piston if necessary and new seals.

Did you check if that piston seal is now dry and not weeping? If the piston came that far out over time it may have got some corrosion on it or not. When something like that happens I hone the bore in needed, put a new piston if necessary and new seals.
The piston popped out because I applied the brakes after the pads were removed and forgot to place a piece of wood in the caliper to stop the piston .

Ever since I changed the brake pads on the front of my vehicle I've had a low pedal . I'm suspecting air got into the system when I pushed in the piston on an angle and it started leaking fluid .
I know your suppose to start bleeding from the caliper furthest from the Master Cylinder . But if I bleed the front calipers , am I wasting my time ?
Air is not going to enter the system unless you opened the hydraulic system somewhere or a leak is present. I would look closely at your work done replacing the pads.

I too am with Trav on this. You 'might' get away with it, yut doubtful. Corrosion or dirt will have mashed the seal. Same as pushing pedal down too far past usual travel. Tears seal on corrosion. Ouch.

Back