Castrol Edge Vs. Edge extended performance?

No one knows, i don't know why their posted that comment.

I'm still after the current viscosity for Edge EP.
Viscosity Kinematic: 58.87 mm2 /s (58.87 cSt) at 40°C Kinematic:
10.1 to 10.8 mm2 /s (10.1 to 10.8 cSt) at 100°C

from their MSDS labeled Aug. 2021

Viscosity Kinematic: 58.87 mm2 /s (58.87 cSt) at 40°C Kinematic:
10.1 to 10.8 mm2 /s (10.1 to 10.8 cSt) at 100°C

from their MSDS labeled Aug. 2021
Thanks, i could not get the current sheet to load :(

I don't understand how you're showing 10.1 to 10.8 though...?

Thanks, i could not get the current sheet to load :(

I don't understand how you're showing 10.1 to 10.8 though...?
Well, you see, what I did was use my mouse to highlight the text, then I right clicked and then left clicked on "Copy." I then clicked "reply" on your post, right clicked on the mouse, and then clicked, "Paste." I then left clicked on the "Post reply" button.

:)

bitog castrol ep.jpg

Oh, you pulled it from the safety sheet? I was after their MSDS sheet (which doesn't load) but i guess the range is better than nothing.

works fine here, as evidenced by the text I posted and the screenshot I posted lol

Does it work for you using the link on the right side of this page too?

*EDIT - oh that's hilarious, the page works for me now, but the search only pulls up one link from 2015.

*EDIT - oh that's hilarious, the page works for me now, but the search only pulls up one link from 2015.
yes, that's what i've been clicking on to find the sheet

when you go to the next page, select the "all data sheets" document type

Yeah you just need the PDS or Product Data Sheet which has all the info you're looking for, I've found a lot of them do not keep their websites updated with current versions of the PDS. 5w30 is 10.8 @100c. If you really like RGT you should check out QSUD, the two are very similar but the QS is cheaper, I've found that RGT is getting hard to find and even harder to actually buy for a decent price.

https://msdspds.castrol.com/msdspds/msdspds.nsf/CastrolResults?OpenForm&c=USA (US)&l=English (US)&p=EDGE Extended Performance 5W-30&n=&b=All&t=PDS&autosearch=No&autoload=No&sitelang=EN&output=Full&spu=Lubricants&unrestrictedmb=No&cols=0

Last edited:
I would just use whatever you can get the best price on. I bought Edge EP and RGT for my vehicles recently bc they were both $27/jug.

This PDS is from 10/2022. You're in luck if you can find a current Castrol PDS. They're among the worst if you're in to looking at current PDSs.

1677858439129.jpg

I took a liking to Mobil 1 Truck & SUV oil. To hard to get. I switched back to Castrol Edge OW-20 or 5W-20 for an Ecoboost engine.
Ford likes Castrol and works together to develope oil for specs in European countries and around the world.

Important number for me is the Kinetic viscosity at 100° c. What is it? I'm finding various spec sheets and with different numbers. Nothing seems to match exactly to the Edge or Edge EP nomenclature. I'm not quite sure how this site works let me get some pictures and I'll try to upload them.

I took a liking to Mobil 1 Truck & SUV oil. To hard to get. I switched back to Castrol Edge OW-20 or 5W-20 for an Ecoboost engine.
Ford likes Castrol and works together to develope oil for specs in European countries and around the world.

Important number for me is the Kinetic viscosity at 100° c. What is it? I'm finding various spec sheets and with different numbers. Nothing seems to match exactly to the Edge or Edge EP nomenclature. I'm not quite sure how this site works let me get some pictures and I'll try to upload them.
It's thin, this is on the thin side of the spec. Also, did you just say you run a 20 in an Ecoboost? I didn't think *any* Ecoboosts ran a 20!

Okay here they are. I see numbers from 8.1 to 8.9 depending on formulas. Which is current or newest?
BTW, the Ford Motorcraft OEM oil is 8.5 @100C for OW-20. 8.7@100C for 5W-20.

My particular vehicle specs a 5W-20 oil or I can choose to use a 0W-20 oil according to owner manual.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230303-153736_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230303-153736_OneDrive.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20230303-153639_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230303-153639_OneDrive.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20230303-153539_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230303-153539_OneDrive.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 10
It's thin, this is on the thin side of the spec. Also, did you just say you run a 20 in an Ecoboost? I didn't think *any* Ecoboosts ran a 20!
5W-20 or OW-20 is spec oil in the smaller Ecoboost engines. The 1.0L, 1.5L, and 1.6L.

Back