Castrol Edge now Available in an ecobox.

1646089965517.png

Was looking at crap on Amazon and this came up in the recommendations, apparently Castrol is also bringing bag in box down to retail, although they're only 5qts and the current Amazon price is more expensive than jugs.

I don’t understand the higher price either.

This kind of packaging is expanding. I saw some liquid laundry soap recently in a box. It makes a lot of sense for products that contaminate the packaging.

I don’t understand the higher price either.

This kind of packaging is expanding. I saw some liquid laundry soap recently in a box. It makes a lot of sense for products that contaminate the packaging.
Agreed! I use the Castrol Edge 5W-30 5 quart plastic jug and reuse it for the old oil to recycle at any auto parts store. I normally pay $24 delivered to me by Amazon.

View attachment 90782
Was looking at crap on Amazon and this came up in the recommendations, apparently Castrol is also bringing bag in box down to retail, although they're only 5qts and the current Amazon price is more expensive than jugs.
Well that's a Semi-Economy Box its only 5 quarts! For that price they is no doubt in my mind it isn't economy. I can get a 5 quart Jug at Walmart of Castrol for $21 and change!

I would buy the M1 E0-40 when it came in the 12 Qt ecobox, unfortunately haven't seen it on the shelf in a while though. I was just buying it for economy of scale (49 bucks) but the container worked fine, you just had to have another container to transfer the oil into before pouring it in your vehicle. I had a big plastic one with the qt markings on the side. The big boxes worked out good for me as I had capacities of 8/7/6 & 5 to deal with.

Back