Castrol Edge EP sale at Advance Auto Parts

According to Castrol this oil is not being discontinued from their lineup. Then I wonder why it's being discontinued from the stores...

According to Castrol this oil is not being discontinued from their lineup. Then I wonder why it's being discontinued from the stores...
Probably the same reason the Total Quartz was discontinued & phased out-too expensive means slow (or no sales). AAP has a history of doing this-anyone remember the Mobil 1 Annual Performance closeout? You could get PAID for taking it after rebate! Good times...

I just picked up 2 of the last 3 5W-20 they had at my local AAP. They had no other viscosity’s left. They also had the oil marked clearance at $18.85 per 5qt. jug.

1000007844.jpg

Seems to be winding down 😔
Or maybe the Total run spoiled me 😄

The thing is that everyone knows Castrol, on the other hand, only a handful of "ordinary" consumers recognize Total. I'm speaking American markets.
I'd be one of the don't recognize Total people. I can't remember last time I bought oil in an actual auto parts store (except the AZ "Honda" PS fluid) when daughters car had empty reservoir from rotted metal line.

I see it discussed hear occasionally and more so from a great rebate/sale thing. I presume it's good quality since BITOGERS buy it. For me I wouldn't know a thing except if read label for certifications at best. I wouldn't know if I was getting a great deal for good oil or overpaying for some Dino store brand.

Wondering if this can be used on a 2013 Mercedes GLK 250 Bluetec. I may just get the EuroCar formula instead. But this version may have an addictive package that's good enough for that application.

Attachments

• PXL_20231103_201833339.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231103_201833339.MP.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 77
Wondering if this can be used on a 2013 Mercedes GLK 250 Bluetec. I may just get the EuroCar formula instead. But this version may have an addictive package that's good enough for that application.
I will only used euro oil but maybe for emergency top up.

Castrol EP 5W30: $18.85/5 quart jug
Total 5W40 A3/B4: $20.65/5 quart jug
Total 5W30 C3: $3.05/quart
Total 5W30 C3 LL: $5.45/ quart

Hamden CT

That's really good oil @ $18.85. I got good service from it and that doesn't happen much when switching brands.
Better than the black bottle stuff, which looked worn out at 3k in our 2.4 GDI.
Those that are buying Supertech Advanced 20k and Quaker State 20k for more money, should be using this instead.

I wish the Fram Oil 20k made by Amalie, would go on sale. It seems the only time this oil is on sale, is when Advance Auto Parts combines the oil sale with the oil filter. Some of us have enough oil filters to last this decade and don't need anymore.
Anyways, I want to try the 20k stuff at a good price, without that darn filter throw into the monkey wrench sale.

Last edited:
I wish the Fram Oil 20k made by Amalie, would go on sale. It seems the only time this oil is on sale, is when Advance Auto Parts combines the oil sale with the oil filter. Some of us have enough oil filters to last this decade and don't need anymore.
Anyways, I want to try the 20k stuff at a good price, without that darn filter throw into the monkey wrench sale.
I took the bait last time AAP put Fram synthetic oil on sale, even though I didn't really need the filter. Still worked out to a decent price per quart for 0w-40 syn, but not a bargain by any means.

I've had good luck with Amalie synthetic, if UOAs are anything to go by.

That's really good oil @ $18.85. I got good service from it and that doesn't happen much when switching brands.
Better than the black bottle stuff, which looked worn out at 3k in our 2.4 GDI.
Those that are buying Supertech Advanced 20k and Quaker State 20k for more money, should be using this instead.

I actually visited a local store and they had three 0W-20 bottles on the shelf but when the guy behind the counter scanned it showed that they had zero inventory. He was like these bottles technically don't exist do you want to have them for free? I couldn't say no to the amazing offer! Haha

Back