Castrol Edge EP sale at Advance Auto Parts

I posted this in the other AAP oil thread but could be helpful here. I received a gift card from AAP for the rebate but was inactive. I used the AAP website's chat feature and the representative was able to reactivate the gift card within 24 hours.

I got my cards last week, had to call customer service because they weren't activated. They said they're sending me new cards rather than activate the ones I had on hand. No idea why, but now I'm playing the waiting game again.......

• Wow
Reactions: D60
Man, their rebate processor is trying really hard to win the "Most Useless EVER" medal!!
So....again, the conspiracy theorist in me says this was on purpose. They can hope a percentage of people will never receive or lose or never attempt to redeem the gift cards, or get frustrated and give up. Those that complain -- gee, it's magically activated (but yeah, some have had it "escalated" and not immediately activated)

Also, I'm 99% sure I'm wrong. One radio personality I like says most of the time even government conspiracies are far more likely to be incompetence than some grand master plan.

Incompetence makes more sense here but my brain always looks for ulterior motives....making me either intelligent (unlikely) or paranoid (far more likely)

So....again, the conspiracy theorist in me says this was on purpose. They can hope a percentage of people will never receive or lose or never attempt to redeem the gift cards, or get frustrated and give up. Those that complain -- gee, it's magically activated (but yeah, some have had it "escalated" and not immediately activated)

Also, I'm 99% sure I'm wrong. One radio personality I like says most of the time even government conspiracies are far more likely to be incompetence than some grand master plan.

Incompetence makes more sense here but my brain always looks for ulterior motives....making me either intelligent (unlikely) or paranoid (far more likely)
I think the fact they're ALL not activated aligns with the "massive screwup" theory. Including my crappy little $10 one, which they said could take TWO MONTHS to get fixed. I asked them if $10 was worth a state AG complaint-they gave me a Speed Perk...

Back