Castrol 5w-40 Edge at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by PimTac
Between the hysteria and the additive pumper and the other few that popped in this weekend, it's been a busy one putting people on ignore. At least that way I can keep track of who is serious and who is not.

I also suspect that these are not all separate posters but one with multiple identities.

Yeah, GHT is back very often it seems.

Lots of new "keyboard cowboys" joining lately. My ignore lost is really long too
wink.gif

Yes it seems like September and just after. Remember the rumble about disturbing BITOG that was spotted on another forum. That alluded to doing the very thing we are now seeing.

I guess I missed that rumble. A lot of people with too much time on their hands I guess.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Why not run a quality, true synthetic 30 multigrade
Like a Motul X-max?

I can answer that. It's because for half the price or less you can get an oil at Walmart that has equivalent performance. Can you prove otherwise?

What's your deal? You literally attack and challenge every poster who doesn't sing the super tech praise and respond with "prove it". Maybe there's some people who wanna see something with a brand name go in there car yet you come running waving the Walmart flag.

Originally Posted by D1dad
Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Why not run a quality, true synthetic 30 multigrade
Like a Motul X-max?

I can answer that. It's because for half the price or less you can get an oil at Walmart that has equivalent performance. Can you prove otherwise?

What's your deal? You literally attack and challenge every poster who doesn't sing the super tech praise and respond with "prove it". Maybe there's some people who wanna see something with a brand name go in there car yet you come running waving the Walmart flag.

He never mentioned Super Tech.

The thread is about Castrol, and if you want to take Walmart out of the equation, let's talk about AAP. You can get 5 quarts of Castrol 5W-40 and the filter for your car for $32.99...

What's the cost comparison on Motul there, and what proof is there that Motul is going to benefit anything but the ego?

Originally Posted by GooseGestapo
Noticed that local Walmart had Castrol 5w-40 Edge on the shelf.
How would this be expected to perform in a ‘17 Hyundai Sonata 2.0Turbo?

EDGE 5W-40 has been used often in our 2.0T Santa Fe and we've yet had the need to get the valves cleaned. It runs like new to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back