Castrol 10w40 4t

I keep changing my mind about which 10w40 to get, I can't get Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10w40 here, and I can't find Castrol Power1 10w40 Synthetic either.
I bought Castrol Power 1 10W-40 on Amazon. Not sure if available in Canada via Amazon.

Next change I'm using 10W-40 Valvoline full synthetic motorcycle oil.
This is my next change in my ST1300. Bought a case of it (Valvoline 10W-40 full syn) on sale at Walmart.
I still have a bunch of 10W-30 Castrol ActEvo for the NC700X to use up.

Walmart used to have the Castrol ActEvo 10W-40 in a gallon jug for a ridiculously low price online. I used a bunch of that.

Castrol ActEvo 4T 10W-40 gets high reviews on Amazon. Is it sold on Amazon in Canada?

Screenshot_2021-05-07-08-14-38-1.jpg

This is my next change in my ST1300. Bought a case of it (Valvoline 10W-40 full syn) on sale at Walmart.
I still have a bunch of 10W-30 Castrol ActEvo for the NC700X to use up.

Walmart used to have the Castrol ActEvo 10W-40 in a gallon jug for a ridiculously low price online. I used a bunch of that.
I'm currently using the Valvoline FS Motorcycle 10w40 in my Ninja 650, it's a deal if you can find it at Walmart and doesn't really cost that much more than the Castrol Actevo and is cheaper than M1 you just have to watch because they also sell the conventional which comes in a black bottle but the synthetic is the silver one.

It shifts really smooth in mine, with the Actevo after some miles it started to get notchy but the bike was most likely still being broken in but the Valvoline has been great so far.

Ride Red,, what is your verdict on clutch+shifting after using the Castrol ActEvo 4T 10w40 semi-synthetic in your Honda 1300?
I ran the 10W-40 ActEvo for about 5500 miles two years ago. Took a trip from Michigan to Glacier National Park in Montana. The bike ran and shifted fine.

I have run the Valvoline full syn 4T, Valvoline conventional 4T, Mobil1 4T, and Castrol ActEvo in it and all ran well. I ran Rotella T6 5W-40 and it sheared quickly and dumped it at 1500 miles. Currently running ActEvo 10W-40 in it again.

My NC700 has seen basic Honda GN4, Valvoline conventional 4T, and currently is running ActEvo. Ran both 10W-40 and 10W-30. All ran well.

I'm currently using the Valvoline FS Motorcycle 10w40 in my Ninja 650, it's a deal if you can find it at Walmart and doesn't really cost that much more than the Castrol Actevo and is cheaper than M1 you just have to watch because they also sell the conventional which comes in a black bottle but the synthetic is the silver one.

It shifts really smooth in mine, with the Actevo after some miles it started to get notchy but the bike was most likely still being broken in but the Valvoline has been great so far.
I used to buy the gallons of ActEvo 10W-40 from Walmart for dirt cheap. Then I got a deal on a case of the Valvoline full syn 4T recently. The next few oil changes will be Valvoline.

I still have most of a case of ActEvo 10W-30 for the NC700X, so I'm set for a few years there too. Amazon had a sale and an electronic coupon, so I bought a bunch.

Originally Posted by BusyLittleShop

Flee Markets and Yard Sales...

So if you don't value your time, you might eventually run across some Mobil 1 10w40 4T oil, at a flea market or yard sale...

Or you could just spend the extra $5.00-$6.00 or so per quart and buy it new at any number of convenient retailers, and get on with living life.

I ran the 10W-40 ActEvo for about 5500 miles two years ago. Took a trip from Michigan to Glacier National Park in Montana. The bike ran and shifted fine.

I have run the Valvoline full syn 4T, Valvoline conventional 4T, Mobil1 4T, and Castrol ActEvo in it and all ran well. I ran Rotella T6 5W-40 and it sheared quickly and dumped it at 1500 miles. Currently running ActEvo 10W-40 in it again.

My NC700 has seen basic Honda GN4, Valvoline conventional 4T, and currently is running ActEvo. Ran both 10W-40 and 10W-30. All ran well.
That's a good test on the ActEvo! I've been using that on my old carbureted, air-cooled Suzuki 4 for the past 2 years. Did about 3800 miles last year, locally. That's a good bit for me in recent years. Shift quality seemed just fine the whole time. I had bought my first jug of Rotella T6 15w40, but stuck with the ActEvo this year. I have read many reports of deteriorating shift quality with the T6. Some say it's fine. Might be a bike dependent thing.

When I had a liquid cooled V Strom, the ActEvo didn't do so well on shift quality after a couple thousand miles. Switched that to the old Valvoline full syn bike oil which was terrific. For some reason you could get 6 qt. packs on Wally for $35., a couple times a year. I had a BMW Airhead for many years with a divorced gear oil trans. Spectro blend 20w50 was the big favorite with them. It used to also be available as BMW labeled bike oil, but they switched to someone else years ago.

Back