Caster alignment

I have a problem with caster on my Nissan 4x4, double wishbone setup. Did the alignment but technician won't mess with caster or doesn't know how to. Nissan say to shimm the upper wishbone (control arm?) to align the front. My question is what side of the wishbone should I shimm to try to make it better?

Attachments

• IMG_20200820_155234.jpg
    IMG_20200820_155234.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 34
whichever way makes the upper wishbone go more to the rear, but shimming will also impact camber I suspect. But as it turns out you need to adjust camber aswell as this vehicle will pull to the right.

whichever way makes the upper wishbone go more to the rear, but shimming will also impact camber I suspect. But as it turns out you need to adjust camber aswell as this vehicle will pull to the right.
It does pull to the right, not much but it is noticeable. Was thinking, two shimms upfront to move the wheel back and one at the back to correct the camber, for start and see if it's improving. Problem is alignment shops will not bother with stuff like this, I'm on my own.

just get the camber and caster equal on both sides don't worry if it ends up in the red or green. if they are equal you won't have pull and decent enough tyre wear. Neither side has any unusually high values

Back