Carvana Bad Offer

My daughter sold a Kia to Carvana last month at near private party retail. Yet I sold our 12 Tiguan a bit later and Carmax was way higher than Carvana. It's clear they use some sort of formula for their offers, it's not just a flat "book minus" rate.

Perhaps Carvana happened to have plenty of what you were selling on hand? That is a huge difference though.

My daughter sold a Kia to Carvana last month at near private party retail. Yet I sold our 12 Tiguan a bit later and Carmax was way higher than Carvana. It's clear they use some sort of formula for their offers, it's not just a flat "book minus" rate.

Perhaps Carvana happened to have plenty of what you were selling on hand? That is a huge difference though.
They're going to take local market values plus demand for the vehicle in that area. A Prius in LA will most likely be priced higher than a Prius in rural Louisiana.

I agree with that. Sounds like they dont need what I got...

We bought from carvana 2 years ago. They gave top dollar and included a $1000 cash back if we purchased a car from them.

When it came time to look for a car for my wife, we ended up selling her car private party on craiglist for twice what carvana offered.

We purchased from Echo Park, as carvana's prices on cars have gone way up as well.

We bought from carvana 2 years ago. They gave top dollar and included a $1000 cash back if we purchased a car from them.

When it came time to look for a car for my wife, we ended up selling her car private party on craiglist for twice what carvana offered.

We purchased from Echo Park, as carvana's prices on cars have gone way up as well.
They gave me the best prices pre CV19

That’s why I don’t trust Carvana for buying or selling Jim. They want to give less for it and sell it for more.
You mean there are businesses that try to sell their product for less than their cost of the product to result in a profit?

We should shut down those greedy businesses trying to make a profit, it is so unfair to the rest of us.

You mean there are businesses that try to sell their product for less than their cost of the product to result in a profit?

We should shut down those greedy businesses trying to make a profit, it is so unfair to the rest of us.
No I mean like they need to come up a bit more. They could still offer a little more and have a good profit.

Carvana told me they would have a representative call me but never did. Their online formula said my truck did not exist. KBB gave me an instant offer of 12.5k and a local dealership offered me 15k on an outright buy.

So, every dealer out there trying to make a profit? :ROFLMAO:
Dealerships are not suppose to make profit. Especially not the service department. We are expected to only charge for an oil change, put in the filters, batteries or other parts the customers bring in with them and check out any problems for free because "I do all my service here and you've already got it in the shop for an oil change!".

Dealerships are not suppose to make profit. Especially not the service department. We are expected to only charge for an oil change, put in the filters, batteries or other parts the customers bring in with them and check out any problems for free because "I do all my service here and you've already got it in the shop for an oil change!".
Now you're figuring it out. :cool:

They're going to take local market values plus demand for the vehicle in that area. A Prius in LA will most likely be priced higher than a Prius in rural Louisiana.
That's a good point. I guess this is why they ask for your zip code on KBB or NADA before you plug in your info.

Back