Carquest R85085 Butchered

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, the filter can is beat up from my filter wrench. It was not put on to tight, its just kind of in a tight area and my wrench is on angle getting it off. And I don't have a fancy filter cutter, I used a pair of tin snips because I wanted to see what was inside without metal chips from a hack saw. The filter was used on my 96 Grand Cherokee 5.2 for 4187 miles with Castrol High Mileage 5W30. I stopped at 2 Walmarts to get a Purrolater Classic and both stores were out, so I got this at Carquest for $4.23, about .75 cents more.

I wasn't even planning on posting this but I seen Kcjeep's 31085 Napa Silver filter post and wanted to share the similarities between the filters.

Everything is the same except 2 things. There is a piece of metal on the media seam, and I counted 50 pleats instead of 60. Not sure how you count pleats, there is 50 "hole slots" or 49 media ridges.

The ADBV had a tight fit on the thread end side and fit just a little bit loose on the media side as he explained in his post. The hole on the media side is just slightly larger than the ADBV.

Here's the pictures, don't bash my photos either as I am not a photographer

...ca989.jpg
[/img]

...d4bbf.jpg
[/img]

...11dc3.jpg
[/img]

...6ea2f.jpg
[/img]

...2049b.jpg
[/img]

...28c2a.jpg
[/img]

...274a9.jpg
[/img]

...f2e66.jpg
[/img]

photos dont work

Originally Posted By: 96Cherokee
First, the filter can is beat up from my filter wrench. It was not put on to tight, its just kind of in a tight area and my wrench is on angle getting it off. And I don't have a fancy filter cutter, I used a pair of tin snips because I wanted to see what was inside without metal chips from a hack saw. The filter was used on my 96 Grand Cherokee 5.2 for 4187 miles with Castrol High Mileage 5W30. I stopped at 2 Walmarts to get a Purrolater Classic and both stores were out, so I got this at Carquest for $4.23, about .75 cents more.

I wasn't even planning on posting this but I seen Kcjeep's 31085 Napa Silver filter post and wanted to share the similarities between the filters.

Everything is the same except 2 things. There is a piece of metal on the media seam, and I counted 50 pleats instead of 60. Not sure how you count pleats, there is 50 "hole slots" or 49 media ridges.

The ADBV had a tight fit on the thread end side and fit just a little bit loose on the media side as he explained in his post. The hole on the media side is just slightly larger than the ADBV.

Here's the pictures, don't bash my photos either as I am not a photographer

...ca989.jpg

[/img]

...d4bbf.jpg

[/img]

...11dc3.jpg
[/img]

...6ea2f.jpg
[/img]

...2049b.jpg
[/img]

...28c2a.jpg
[/img]

...274a9.jpg
[/img]

...f2e66.jpg
[/img]

I dont know what I did wrong, clicking the http dont work here but it I click the IMG in front of it, it works

Wow a dead ringer for the Silver I posted, I believe they are both Wix made filters. How did it run for you? Mine ran/started great. I wonder why the metal crimp seam but fewer pleats?

As always, thanks for cutting and posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back