Carquest Premium Strut Assemblies

Shows up for my 01 Grand Prix as Economy. Are the PRT considered Economy?
AFAIC RA's classifications like that should be taken with a grain of salt. I've seen numerous examples where a known, respected or well-reviewed brand is classified as economy while something junk is listed as "standard" or even "premium."

Also AFAIC FCS should be in the "economy" category.

And these classifications seem largely -- but not entirely-- driven by price. I could try to sell you a $5000 premium dog turd..... ;)

China was the first to mass produce items 2000 yrs ago. They first learned to mass produce very high grade swords for its own military to fight with.
Later China became the best place on the planet to get high grade swords/knives, so before guns many world leaders ordered all types of battle armaments from them. They became highly skilled metal workers quickly, most by force sadly.
True China always could make high grade products, now doing things right
for other countries seems to be a fight? ..lol
What a company gets from China today vs tomorrows load does widely vary because quality control is nearly non existent there. That's what needs to change most, defects just come here too. Some US corps sort them out but so many wont, meaning we do that by returning chit. Why both good/bad reviews help out so much imo.
Automated manufacturing is changing things daily, good/bad its been happening over 30yrs, all about removing mankind you know?
Had Ford not streamlined manufacturing China may have lead the world in manufacturing long long ago, cars would have been so safe then..:)

Ever wonder why more folks ride bikes in China than drive cars? Here's your answer..lol

Took a minute to find this again, just another test of their quality here..lol

Carquest Premium Strut Assemblies​

Remember that it costs nothing to label your parts as premium. I suspect that the premium part is the limited lifetime warranty that is mostly likely difficult to get them to honor.

Back