Carquest Premium 85348

Is anyone interested in seeing a cut and post of a Carquest Premium #85348?

It's pulled from a Ford Focus with about 4K miles over 5 months.

Side note, this oil filter actually looks to be a decent value. Can be picked up at Advance Auto for a little over 6 dollars.

Overall, not bad. Nice and even pleat spacing and no tears in the media. I believe this filter could go for a much longer OCI.

That said, there was a piece of bright green media in the filter that, after further inspection, I believe is epoxy that's holding the endcaps.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 141
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 138
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 159
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 156
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 158
Any concerns or comments about the glue/epoxy found in the filter media? Seems concerning to me that it's coming loose from the endcaps, and it seems to be happening with other brands as well. Maybe my standards are too high, but I do not think this should happen with quality filters.

Any concerns or comments about the glue/epoxy found in the filter media? Seems concerning to me this is happening, and it seems to be happening with other brands as well. Maybe my standards are too high, but I do not think this should happen with quality filters.
A lot of filters regardless of brand seem to have sloppy glue jobs once and awhile. Glue breaking off isn't good, but should get caught in the media unless you're very unlucky and a piece breaks off and gets swept through the bypass valve. Highly unlikely, but possible.

Back