carpet cleaning machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to looking at my carpet,its well dirty,was thinking about buying a carpet cleaning machine and not sure what brand or type,or to hire it done,,any ideas??,thanks BL

We have a Hoover and it's a complete POS in my opinion. My Dad loves it but he's not anal like me. The darn thing doesn't have nearly enough suction to get the water and carpet cleaning solution out which = mold. Many reviews of personal carpet cleaning machines say the same thing. I don't know how the new ones are, but your best bet is the one that has a Pratt and Whitney attached to it! And if you have animals that shed, forget about it. If you don't vacuum the carpets with a fine tooth comb prior to steam cleaning, the carpet cleaning machine will clog like Pablo after a Mexican dinner.
crackmeup.gif
Just kiddin Pablo!
cheers.gif

I can get some Vietnamese guys to do the entire house (2000 sq feet) for around $80, so why bother?

I'd rent too since it's worth getting a good machine. We have borrowed one ... can't recall the brand but I needed to go over high-traffic areas 4 times to get it clean.

Use a scrub brush to manually clean dirty areas prior to using machine. If you do in summer then everything will dry easier.

I have an old Kirby that does a surprisingly good job. Gets up all the cat hair too. You can find one pretty cheap on Ebay. The model I have is a Heritage 2. It's about 20 years old and still works well.

Bear in mind that once you start using carpet cleaning machines your rugs will get more dirtymore quickly bc it breaks down the fibers more and removes the protectorant. You are better off cleaning more often.

I understand that you are better off by using a "Dry Syetem" for cleaning. This is much easier on the Carpet, as i understand. You need to talk to carpet installers-if you are interested.

I have switched to laminate floor covering as carpets have gotten dirty.
smile.gif
No more carpet for me..ever.

If you only intend to do it on rare occasions you're probably money ahead to hire it done. I do ours twice a year-spring and fall-and the investment in a quality carpet cleaning machine has paid off.

The Sanitaire that we purchased a few years ago was well worth it. The carpets always look great and when I clean them they are dry in an hour or less. The 10 year old carpeting throughout the house still looks exceptional, even in the family room where we spend time with the dogs (a lab and a St. Bernard).

Don't discount using a quality vacuum for daily cleaning either. Our Dyson does an exceptional job in keeping the carpets clean.

Quote:

Don't discount using a quality vacuum for daily cleaning either. Our Dyson does an exceptional job in keeping the carpets clean.

I agree. Very important to keep dirt from getting ground in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back