Anybody use a Mytee extractor?

Been on lookout for a year for a well priced used one to pop up for sale. When they do, they are sold before I can even ask about it. This one came up on Ebay from a nearby seller, so I jumped on it. Is it a good deal? I haven't seen one under $700 before and most are $800-$1000.

I would use it mostly for upholstery and carpet cleaning. What cleaning fluid would you use? Do they sell something specifically for automotive extractors? I get into some cars at the auction that have had the carpet and seats cleaned and they have such a nice fresh scent.

For extreme car cleaning, I rip out the carpet completely and pressure wash it and use carpet spray paint it black if there is any color loss.

For in car cleaning, I have this bissel unit and it works extremely well.

Mytee i think is some sort of generic chinese brand but i'm not certain. I have Mytee chain binders and chains, they are good quality.

Last edited:
Removing the carpet from a late model car can take hours. Remove the seats, remove the side pillar trims, remove the door sill plates, remove the center console, etc.

Not sure where they are made but they are well built for commercial use.

i have the one model higher than yours . if you intend to do an entire interior you may have to change the water twice. heat is king for taking out stains and oils . there are so many combos of chemicals that can be used with it depending on how you use it .

the switches and circuit breakers attached to the heaters tend to go bad . if you stop getting hot water check those. the older models came with the metal wand while newer models came with the clear plastic wands. clear plastic is good to see the water and when it starts to become clear then the dirt is gone.

the factory tips tend to spray a pretty wide fan so water may get all over . the tips can also plug pretty easy with any small debris in the water .

i am surprised you don't have one already since you are car dealer unless you been using a detail service to do your cars

I've used one. They're a huge upgrade over any store bought model, but I found that a real truck mount still gives significantly better results.

I know a carpet guy that will do the car for $50 as long as the seats are removed and I give him other business during the same visit.

Back