Astro Butterfly Impact Wrench AP137S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by another Todd
I have one, or maybe a clone. Seldom use it any more, use the IR 3/8" gun more now. What info are you looking for?

Does it have a top paddle that allows for forward and reverse? Bought one on eBay for caliper pin bolts. Cannot tell from the eBay pic.

Originally Posted by Patrick0525
I have one, or maybe a clone. Seldom use it any more, use the IR 3/8" gun more now. What info are you looking for?

Does it have a top paddle that allows for forward and reverse? Bought one on eBay for caliper pin bolts. Cannot tell from the eBay pic.

It does not, You can see the Forward/Reverse slide button in the picture.

Butterfly Impacts were all the rage in the transmission repair industry 'til Trans Case Rotisserie Bench Mounts became standard fare.

Some folks still use them, But I never saw the attraction once we got trans off the bench.

I used to like my butterfly for trans and cyl head removal because you can get into tight places in the vehicle, we don't do much of that these days, and if I'm using 3/8 now it will be on suspension, so use a normal pistol 3/8 impact.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Originally Posted by Patrick0525

It does not, You can see the Forward/Reverse slide button in the picture.

Butterfly Impacts were all the rage in the transmission repair industry 'til Trans Case Rotisserie Bench Mounts became standard fare.

Some folks still use them, But I never saw the attraction once we got trans off the bench.

Thank you for sharing and that explains the videos of butterflies and transmissions. Not being in the automotive mechanic industry, you sometimes don't comprehend the nuances behind the scenes.

My Toyota caliper pins do not have 15 mm(?) hex bolt sides where it can be held in place by a open-end wrench while the caliper pin bolt is loosened. I wanted something small like a butterfly to assist in the removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back