Car trade-in question

Hi, I have been looking to trade in my RAV4 for a Tacoma. Need some thing that I can tow with.
Last week I put a deposit and signed paperwork for a 2021 new Toyota Tacoma. The dealership (four hours away) Inspected my car and gave me a trade in value in writing and i signed paperwork finalizing price of the trade and the new tacoma.
My question is, The Tacoma just completed production today, it should be on a truck from Baja Mexico to St. Louis within the next few days. I'm guessing it's probably at least 1 to 2 weeks before it will be at the dealership. I am concerned that the dealership might try to change the trade in value if it takes more than a week or so. Has anyone else experienced this type of trade in/purchase process?

Well, you have a signed written contract, correct? As long as you deliver the RAV4 in materially the same condition, and absent any small print terms to the contrary, it seems to me they cannot change the terms.

My advice, you need to treat that RAV4 like a baby, consider not even driving it unless necessary. Any new damage or problems might give the dealership cause to back out.

That's my assessment with limited information. Good luck. The Tacoma will serve you well. They hold value very very well.

Did they give you some unbelievable deal on the Tacoma? Outside of an error they are trying to recover from, I wouldn't worry.

market value on both the trade-in and the Tacoma. It's a new dealership that I've never worked with before. I bought my Two prior Toyotas from the same dealership in Chicago with no problems at all. Hoping for a smooth process this go-around as well.

Contract was signed. End of story.

Unless your Rav is a collectable, they already have it signed over to either an auction or a tote the note lot.

Unless your Rav is a collectable, they already have it signed over to either an auction or a tote the note lot.
Unlikely. More than likely, they're hurting just as much as everyone else for inventory. My guess is they'll stick it on their lot with a price tag $4-5k above trade in and sell it within a few days/weeks.

Not unless it has some damage that wasn't there when you agreed to the deal. If you pull in to the lot to pick up the Tacoma and it looks like this, expect the deal to be altered.

75264106-6200-4555-b68b-12b38da7cdb2.jpg

Most trade in contracts have something specifying how many miles you can put on a trade, so I would look for that.

Absent any language, agree with the above that should honor the amount.

Shame, I might be in the market for a solid AWD Rav4.....

It was fine until someone hit me on the lot.

or

I know what I got bro, don't try to lowball me
Yeah, I used to get that when I was in IT, it ran fine yesterday and I didn't do anything to it.

Tell you everything you need to know without telling you anything.

Back