Car Tire on Motorcycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mori,

Why not bus tires? They would last wayyyyy longer than the mfg. recommended tires. There might be some small handling "quirks" though.

The mfg. recommended tires, after all, are all about profit margins anyway.

quote:

I took off the OEM garbage (GY A/S RSA) and replaced them with a set of decent summer tires within a few weeks of getting the car.

In case some resident geniuses didn't get it, I was being facetious about mounting bike tires. I should find it sad that I actually have to point that out, but I find it hysterical.
grin.gif

Mori,

Why not? Get you some good 145 PSI Fortezza SE's. Imagine the hydroplane resistance and the lack of rolling resistance. You'll get 50 mpg on those things!
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:

quote:

I took off the OEM garbage (GY A/S RSA) and replaced them with a set of decent summer tires within a few weeks of getting the car.

In case some resident geniuses didn't get it, I was being facetious about mounting bike tires. I should find it sad that I actually have to point that out, but I find it hysterical.
grin.gif

you were being sarcastic, so was i. guess you didnt get that, genius.

alright gentelmen, my rear tyre on my 96 bmw r1100r is almost bald. im looking for a car tyre to replace the curent one.

my tyre size is 160/60 vr18.

what would be a good size car tyre to replace this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back