Car jerks after a stop

2006 Sentra with ~ 130K on the odometer.
Since last night, I am noticing that the car jerks noticeably after leaving from a complete stop. Once it starts moving then increasing speed is not an issue and at highway speeds the car runs without any noticeable change in driving dynamics. In one hour, I stopped approx. 8-10 times and every time, I noticed this jerk/shudder. Doesn't happen if I am reversing.

I am taking it to the mechanic but I am curious if this could be a transmission issue? The transmission fluid was changed 25K miles/ ~5.5 years ago.

Thanks in advance.

2006 Sentra with ~ 130K on the odometer.
Since last night, I am noticing that the car jerks noticeably after leaving from a complete stop. Once it starts moving then increasing speed is not an issue and at highway speeds the car runs without any noticeable change in driving dynamics. In one hour, I stopped approx. 8-10 times and every time, I noticed this jerk/shudder. Doesn't happen if I am reversing.

I am taking it to the mechanic but I am curious if this could be a transmission issue? The transmission fluid was changed 25K miles/ ~5.5 years ago.

Thanks in advance.
Do you have a CEL showing?

My thoughts, based on having this same year/make/model (wife drives this one): misfire caused by a bad coil pack (usually it's #2), bad camshaft position sensor or crankshaft position sensor (same part, but may have different part numbers.)

Back