Car broken in to, nothing taken. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: RW1
Last night, my wife's 4Runner was broken in to while parked in our driveway. She's positive the door was locked but there are no signs of forced entry. The contents of the center console was emptied out on to the passenger seat. A storage compartment in front of the shifter was also open. In that compartment was our garage door remote opener and cash. As far as she can tell, nothing was taken. The remote and cash is still there.

The glove box appears to be undisturbed. The vehicle registration and insurance card were in the glove box.

Pretty gutsy as our driveway is adjacent to our bedroom. I'm kind of surprised I didn't hear anything.

Anyway, any thoughts on what they might have been looking for? Am I missing something?

Thanks
Drug addicts and scum bags dont care if its under your bedroom window when their looking for money or anything they can sell for a quick fix

like i said they scanned the code..
I know how this works very well.. Look up defcon the same people that picked the unpickable medeco lock.. They have conferences once a year..They are a very large hacking group with deep pockets.. It's known as the hacker wonderland.. Real cool stuff! Shoot them an e mail and see if they tell you the same thing. These are pros not druggies or losers.. These are the same people that showed a lot of luxury car companies that they can steal their most secure Vehicles in under a minute or two... The good thing is they are the good guys.

You guys are funny. They checked for unlocked cars, found one, rummaged through it and got spooked or didn't find what they wanted.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Your wife left it unlocked.

The wife is positive she locked the doors. We live down a dead end cul-de-sac but still lock our doors. Having said that, the thought has crossed my mind.

Last fall I accidentally left my Escape out unlocked behind my house. It is usually in our locked garage. It was full of my hunting gear, backpack, flashlights, treestand etc. No weapons. I came out in the AM and noticed the door was ajar.

The contents of the console were gone, spare Glock mag, flashlight, and a few other small items. nothing else was gone including a much more expensive light in the glove box and a few bucks in change in the center console. My empty cabled pistol safe was pulled out from under the seat but unmolested.

About 2 weeks later the neighbor across the street found his son dead of a Heroin OD. I don't know but possibly it explains my break in and the fact they only took a few items,enough to get high.

mm-raccoon-car-072310.jpg

Use a door with a lock and key to stop the scanner worries.
Park your car inside your locked garage and it won't be broken into or rummaged through.

Originally Posted By: Olas
Use a door with a lock and key to stop the scanner worries.
Park your car inside your locked garage and it won't be broken into or rummaged through.

I have the garage door unplugged for now. The good news is that I'm now retired so I'm home most of the time now. Won't be roaming until the spring.

As for parking inside - sore point. Now that I'm retired, my goal is to clean all the accumulated [censored] out of the garage so we can park inside. Slowly working my way thru it.

The wife just mentioned today that she is missing her prescription (expensive) sunglasses. So they probably took that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back