Can't Get Battery Hold Down To Work

What a crazy, frustrating experience.

Too late now, but knowing now that the WM battery sat proud, I would have suggested you try it with the flat tray removed (save it) from the battery tray.
View attachment 114727
I don't think it would have lowered it enough. Plus there are electronics under that flat pad. Wouldn't want to get sulfuric acid on them.

It's a set up like I have not seen before.

I don't think it would have lowered it enough. Plus there are electronics under that flat pad. Wouldn't want to get sulfuric acid on them.

It's a set up like I have not seen before.
I'm glad you solved the problem...I'd thought about suggesting to put the batteries side by side to verify the exact same height, but I assumed that East Penn, Exide and Clarios had to meet BCI dimension standards for length, width and height for each group size.

I'm glad you solved the problem...I'd thought about suggesting to put the batteries side by side to verify the exact same height, but I assumed that East Penn, Exide and Clarios had to meet BCI dimension standards for length, width and height for each group size.
What an ordeal. Lol.

I think it’s that small lip around the bottom of the Walmart battery. The lexus/interstate has no lip.

I think I ended up installing a group 35 in place of the 24 on my 2014 GS. Iirc, the 35 was shorter and I added a spacer (plywood block wrapped in gaffers tape) to give the bracket something to grab. The 35 is a longer case, which precluded using the nice oem heat shield.

@Gebo Thank you for your candor and humility. trials and persecution reveal the old heart, and bring to us awareness of our weakness. that new knowledge gives us further participation in growth and perseverance - pruning and discipline. probably time for a Tozer quote somewhere in here.

Back