Can't delete program

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my games started acting haywire so I decided to reload it. When I went to remove it from the Add/Remove Programs section, the screen just blinked and didn't do anything. I then went about deleting it manually by deleting anything found in Search and also in the registry that had to do with the game. I went back to Add/Remove, and there are only 12.45MBs left out of 6.6 gigs. I can't reload the game due to this last remenant of the game that shows up in Add/Remove.
Any ideas?

Try this ,Dont install it to its default location. Make a new folder name to install it to.

The computer won't even let me try to install it. When I put the game disc in the CDROM, the "install" button isn't clickable. The comp still sees the game (I guess in Add/Remove) as installed.

Scratch what I posted about (edit button doesn't work ???), that happened on a previous try.

Current: The computer will not go through any type of install of the game (I tried different folder). Once the install has been initiated, the first usual small windows pop up, gets to the "Installation Wizard", the screen blinks a couple times and then nothing happens. The CDROM stops, too.

Problem solved...I hope.

I found a program on download.com that did the job.

Here it is: http://www.revouninstaller.com/

It looked like there were some values in the registry under a different title...would have never found it!

Thanks for the help.
thumbsup2.gif

Your Uninstaller has tools inside of it to clear out all files and registry keys associated with programs. Unfortunately it's a trial, but I'm sure you could find a license key somewhere online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back