Can I run different tire on 4x4 truck

My F150 Platium 4x4 . 2 tire on the front look kinda worm out . 2 in the rear look brand new . All is same brand Nitto Terra grappler g2 275-65-20

I really like the BG Goodrich all-terrain TA.

But I only want replace 2 in the front since each tires are over $300+ . Idk where I read this from but back then I read some where that when it come to 4x4 vehicles , it’s best to keep all same brand and tires . Idk it’s still true or not .

Or should I just stick with 2 new nitto terra grappler ?

Thanks

Where you can theoretically run into issues with 4x4s is when the diameter of the tires are different between axles. Some rigs are more sensitive to this than others. AWDs, especially.

Tires are relatively cheap for how long they last.. buy 4 of what you want now.. and sell your 2 good tires.

Also I am not believing 2 are like new.. if they were all put on truck at same time.

The same size but different tires is probably never going to cause issues. But if it's different sizes , never engage 4x4, ever, on dry pavement and disable auto 4x4, you should be okay.

Have you taken tread depth measurements at multiple points across each tire? It would be unusual for properly inflated front tires to disproportionately wear the center portion of the tread on a vehicle that presumably sends power to the rear wheels most of the time. I tend to get more wear in the center portion of my rears, whereas the shoulders wear more quickly on the front tires. Doing regular rotations balances this out.

Of course none of that answers the original question, but something to keep in mind so you don't have this problem in the future.

For 4x4, the tires on the same axles MUST be the same in all respects or you risk expensive damage to the mechanics. If one tire is turning faster/slower than the other, over long distances this increases stress and wear on mechanical parts. Ideally, all 4 are the same and with similar wear.

Many tire shop guys have told me this when I wanted to cheap out and put an oddball tire on a 4x4 to save money. Penny wise but pound foolish.

For 4x4, the tires on the same axles MUST be the same in all respects or you risk expensive damage to the mechanics. If one tire is turning faster/slower than the other, over long distances this increases stress and wear on mechanical parts. Ideally, all 4 are the same and with similar wear.

Many tire shop guys have told me this when I wanted to cheap out and put an oddball tire on a 4x4 to save money. Penny wise but pound foolish.
Right on. Back in the day when you could "cut out the hubs" it didn't matter as much.
I love 275/65/20s. Especially E-rated on half tons. 3-ply side wall preferrably, like the Nitto EXO or Toyo CT.

that what i read some where back then, imma just stick with 2 new nitto.

that what i read some where back then, imma just stick with 2 new nitto.
Good plan … When you are ready to change to BFG KO2 … hopefully things are back to normal by then because they have been scarce in some markets driving up the price etc …

Our 4WD Tahoe has an Eaton locking rear end … and shortly after buying it I lowered the spare to see what it had. Wow - first time I saw a fake tire that was bigger than the 4 on the ground - and of course on a different sized steel rim.
I used a tire speed calculator and found a nice Cooper SRX that worked out great.

Back