Camry SE V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GenSan
Congrats on the new Camry hope it serves your needs well. If you bought it for excitement than you bought the wrong segment but if you bought it for proven reliability in a family sedan and more than enough power for when you want some spice here and there than it was the right choice.

Here's what Car and Driver had to say: LINK.

Keep us updated on how you like it compared to the Altima.

Quote:
And let us not neglect the power component. The Camry’s optional V-6 may be basically unchanged, but it delivers respectable hustle—0 to 60 mph in 5.8 seconds, the quarter-mile in 14.3 at 101 mph, 50 to 70 in 3.7. Those times are brisk for this class and would have been tops in our recent sedan comparison involving the Honda Accord EX-L V-6, Hyundai Sonata 2.0T Limited, and Volkswagen Passat 3.6 SEL. Chalk it up in part to a curb weight—3407 pounds—100 pounds wispier than that of the lightest car in that group. Similarly, our test Camry’s 0.83-g skidpad performance would have topped those charts, and its 70-to-0-mph braking distance—173 feet—would have been 15 feet better than the comparo’s best stopper.

This V6 has amazing power while sipping gas. I have it in my RAV4 and that thing is like a race car. I personally don't care much for Camry, though.

Originally Posted By: ukmastermind
SE V6 is the only one worth considering.

...except they don't don't mate it with a manual tranny....but they don't with the L4 any more either...oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back