California Proposition 65 Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Since when have the Feds been able to do anything on their own? All the progress usually comes out of California -- they start something, a few progressive states join in, it becomes Fed regulation, the regressive states begrudgingly join in.

I will disagree with you. California gives that impression because its so left and has so much tech coming out of it. Many tech companies are now moving out of State and going elsewhere.

Just because California clashes with the rest of the Union doesn't make it a leader. California is great at upsetting people and doing what they want. I feel like California is the Brat kid and the Feds are like the Parents that are just burnt out and let the kid do whatever it wants.

Again, I love this State, born and raised here and worked as a Peace Officer for this State for over 20 yrs. I though like MANY like me, are planning on, or already have Moved out.

Jeff

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
Since when have the Feds been able to do anything on their own? All the progress usually comes out of California -- they start something, a few progressive states join in, it becomes Fed regulation, the regressive states begrudgingly join in.

I will disagree with you. California gives that impression because its so left and has so much tech coming out of it. Many tech companies are now moving out of State and going elsewhere.

Just because California clashes with the rest of the Union doesn't make it a leader. California is great at upsetting people and doing what they want. I feel like California is the Brat kid and the Feds are like the Parents that are just burnt out and let the kid do whatever it wants.

Again, I love this State, born and raised here and worked as a Peace Officer for this State for over 20 yrs. I though like MANY like me, are planning on, or already have Moved out.

Jeff

Jeff,
I lived in Cali for 16 years, 1996-2012. Murrieta 4 years, Citrus Heights 4.5 years, and Chino Hills 7.5 years.
I retired from the Navy in 2007, and planned on living the rest of my life there. By May 2012, things had changed for the worse. My wife was laid off from her job, taxes were killing us, some really bad laws were passed, and the ill effects from illegal immigration had really made a dent in our lifestyle. I put in for a transfer with my company(eventually to the Denver area), we moved in Nov. 2012, and haven't looked back. I miss the old California, because when it was good, it was good. My last day at work, I was driving home down the 10. I saw Mt. Baldy capped with snow, and realized it may look the same on the surface, but it had completely changed. I am not an emotional guy, but I almost broke down.
I know every one has their own life, but you need to move as soon as you can. It will just continue to get worse there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bigj_16

Jeff

Jeff,
I lived in Cali for 16 years, 1996-2012. Murrieta 4 years, Citrus Heights 4.5 years, and Chino Hills 7.5 years.
I retired from the Navy in 2007, and planned on living the rest of my life there. By May 2012, things had changed for the worse. My wife was laid off from her job, taxes were killing us, some really bad laws were passed, and the ill effects from illegal immigration had really made a dent in our lifestyle. I put in for a transfer with my company(eventually to the Denver area), we moved in Nov. 2012, and haven't looked back. I miss the old California, because when it was good, it was good. My last day at work, I was driving home down the 10. I saw Mt. Baldy capped with snow, and realized it may look the same on the surface, but it had completely changed. I am not an emotional guy, but I almost broke down.
I know every one has their own life, but you need to move as soon as you can. It will just continue to get worse there.

Very well said.

I do plan on moving. I am just waiting for my youngest to begin college and I am out. The wife has family in Oregon and Mass, we are leaning towards OR. Not sure we are still visiting places and just seeing what is out there. Some of my co workers that have retired have moved to CO. Seems to be a very nice state to live in.

Jeff

Originally Posted By: bigj_16

Jeff

Jeff,

Very well said.

I do plan on moving. I am just waiting for my youngest to begin college and I am out. The wife has family in Oregon and Mass, we are leaning towards OR. Not sure we are still visiting places and just seeing what is out there. Some of my co workers that have retired have moved to CO. Seems to be a very nice state to live in.

Jeff

It is a very nice place. In many ways it feels like back in the day, when there was hope for the future. It is growing, just like any other place you would want to live.

Apparently California feels that E V E R Y T H I N G causes cancer. I see that Prop 65 warning on [censored] near everything I buy. Annoys the [censored] out of me

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back