California May Be Forced to Issue I.O.U.’s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talked to my teacher buddy yesterday, they announced that they will not be paid July-September in Riverside County. In the 80's, they issued "warrants" from the State that could be deposited to the bank that holds your mortgage, etc......the bank was obligated to accept them as payment, and then would do an automatic withdrawl once the State deposited real paychecks into the teachers' accounts.

He is sick with worry that he is going to lose his house for not making 3 payments in a row.

frown.gif

The state recently had a referendum and turned down more tax increases.Their bond rating is the lowest of the 50 states.The fact of the matter is they have been spending too much and borrowing too much for years. Now the day of reckoning has arrived.
This is what is in store for the rest of the country soon. call the Chinese maybe they have a little left to lend.

The worst thing about Californians that after they screwed up their own state, they spread to the 49 states on the Union, and demand the same social changes that forced them to flee California in the first place! Like higher social services, anti-development, anti-industry, pro-illegal immigration, less parental rights, etc.

Last edited:
The state cannot run itself? You only have the nations richest and wealthiest people there.

They waste their time on law making that prevents people from driving dark vehicles as they are less efficient that cars with a lighter tone of paint. Pretty soon a law will be put into place where the color of pavement cannot be black/gray. It must be white or off color to keep temperatures down too. Housing colors are going to be changed. The list goes on and on, money on stupid things.

Have Hollywood fork over money, they make enough of it. [censored] I wish I got the money they did for saying a few lines on the big screen.(yeah, i'm in a [censored] rambling mood, we are in some shape or form going to get bent over because of Cali).

What we should do, is pass a law prohibiting California from making any type of financial request to any state and the government. The state is collapsing over its own greed and mismanagement of funds for stupid little things.

Or...
dump even more money that we don't have in patching the problem instead of fixing it. I think California likes this option, they only used it so many times in recent years. I mean for gods sake, NJ, a tiny blip of a state has more people living in it, that make way less than the all the rich people in Cali combined. Top it off with all the big industries being nestled in California and they have finical problems?

Are they running their own nation over there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back