Cabin Air filter - 19 months

My CAF in my daily is I have no Idea how old, its been in the car since I got in early '21, (2017, got it with 30k miles), its real a pain in the ***** to get to it.
I replaced the CAF in my daughter's 2013 Edge this summer. I don't think it had ever been changed before. It was nasty, but I've since seen pictures of much nastier ones on here.

I have a multi filter whole house electronic system made by Trane with none-disposable filters that also requires cleaning using both a vacuum cleaner and washing of specific filters, so to some extent yes. But appreciate after a visual inspection a car engine filter should be replaced once it has gone beyond its prime. In my case this is usually every two to three years.

I've had only two vehicles with one of these. A 2002 Saturn L200 which really surprised me for a bucket priced car, finally replaced it after 3 years, & the 08' Volvo I just bought. I'll be checking on this one & plan to replace it once a year as well. Fall debris then comes spring pollen in the air. It's nice to know that we cycle that out of the air flow. Was that a charcoal type filter or have you decided to use a charcoal filter instead of a reg. one?

I've had only two vehicles with one of these. A 2002 Saturn L200 which really surprised me for a bucket priced car, finally replaced it after 3 years, & the 08' Volvo I just bought. I'll be checking on this one & plan to replace it once a year as well. Fall debris then comes spring pollen in the air. It's nice to know that we cycle that out of the air flow. Was that a charcoal type filter or have you decided to use a charcoal filter instead of a reg. one?
It was just a regular one. I put an ACD one back in.

Back