C&P Fram Ultra XG10575 w/screen

Not much to see here. Upper pleats w/excess oil, lower pleats excess oil squeezed out in a vice.

Out of curiousity, in early April, I removed this filter after being in place for
3900 miles on this filter and HPLoil.com 0w20 oil.

Engine had 186k miles. It's a 2007 GM 6.2L gasoline all aluminum L92 V8. Vehicle also has a remote mounted Amsoil EaBP90 bypass filter.

Left the oil in place and installed a Fram Titanium FS10575.
DSCN7794.JPG

DSCN7795.JPG

Plenty of life left on that filter but you're already aware of that. This is not the same HPL that's on the forum?

No, I'm curious and like to experiment, sometimes do things others don't do.
I go against the grain at times as well. Nothing wrong with that. Take the "Follower" mindset as an example. Watch the cars follow behind a semi truck that's turning left all while the lights are already red by the time the car turns left. The car behind the semi doesn't see the light b/c the box is in the way.

I go against the grain at times as well. Nothing wrong with that. Take the "Follower" mindset as an example. Watch the cars follow behind a semi truck that's turning left all while the lights are already red by the time the car turns left. The car behind the semi doesn't see the light b/c the box is in the way.
Be a good little sheepie :)

NOT!

Not much to see here. Upper pleats w/excess oil, lower pleats excess oil squeezed out in a vice.

Out of curiousity, in early April, I removed this filter after being in place for
3900 miles on this filter and HPLoil.com 0w20 oil.

Engine had 186k miles. It's a 2007 GM 6.2L gasoline all aluminum L92 V8. Vehicle also has a remote mounted Amsoil EaBP90 bypass filter.

Left the oil in place and installed a Fram Titanium FS10575.
View attachment 162189
View attachment 162190
Filter looks great and combined with your bypass filter your engine seems to be running really clean.

How many miles are you planning to put on the Fram Titanium?

Hate to bring this up, but the XG10575 isn't the correct filter for a 2007 LS 6.2, the bypass is too high. Should be an XG10060 (although the XG flows so well it probably won't matter).

Hate to bring this up, but the XG10575 isn't the correct filter for a 2007 LS 6.2, the bypass is too high. Should be an XG10060 (although the XG flows so well it probably won't matter).
too high for what?

I have 2 cars that I use the XG10575 on, the 07 6.2 and the 2012 MKX 3.7

Last edited:
Some of the company logos look to be the same ... weird.

Last winter when I bought this HPL oil from Superior Lubricants I tried to make some post about it but the moderator kept deleting my post and never gave me a logical answer as to why. They'll probably delete this too.

Last winter when I bought this HPL oil from Superior Lubricants I tried to make some post about it but the moderator kept deleting my post and never gave me a logical answer as to why. They'll probably delete this too.
That seems to happen a lot around here where simple, non-harmful genuine posts get deleted or the threads get closed.

Anyways the filter looks great, are you going to do a UOA after?

too high for what?

I have 2 cars that I use the XG10575 on, the 07 6.2 and the 2012 MKX 3.7
The older, pre-high pressure oil pump LS engines (including your 2007 6.2) are recommended to use the lower (9-15 PSI) bypass valve filter, and the 2015 & newer LS engines (& your MKZ) call for the 16-28 PSI bypass one. As long as your oil pressure isn’t low (like my Express is), it shouldn’t matter. Feel free to look if you don’t believe me… Fram.com .

I like "more filtering". That's why I run the Fram Ultra, 99% @ 20mm, and a remote Amsoil EaBP90. Lower bypass spring pressure allows oil to go around the filter element.

Some of the company logos look to be the same ... weird.

Dave produces this oil for these folks, but it's blended per how they've requested it, not like they blend their own products. The fact they both go by "HPL" creates some confusion. It has been discussed a few times on here in the past.

Back