By pass filter in a Taurus or Windstar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone put a bypass filter in a Taurus 3.0L 24v or a Windstar 3.8L. I changed my oil this weekend in the Taurus and thought I would put a bypass filter on it too, but I guess I was dreaming because there isn't any room for one. Any ideas or experiances other than relocating the battery?

quote:

Originally posted by Schultz:
-*-*I guess I was dreaming because there isn't any room for one. -*-*

Dual Remote. Best bet.

Dual remote with a bypass. Better but more problems --Maybe even add an cooler.

Wonder about the cooler though, does anyone know hoe to drain them or is there one that has a drain plug? This would be ideal.

You must be my evil (or good?) twin as I have the same 2 vehicles. Not much room where the filter sits, eh. Do you visit the TCCA (Taurus Car Club of America) site? I'll post a question there and see if anyone has actually installed one.

[/QUOTE]Wonder about the cooler though, does anyone know hoe to drain them or is there one that has a drain plug? This would be ideal. [/QUOTE]

I have 3 GM vehicles with factory engine oil coolers, 2 are external and 1 is in the radiator. None of them have a way to drain the cooler but it does not appear to be a problem. They are all mounted higher then the oil filter so seems like most of the oil drains back out when the filter is removed.
As for finding a spot to add a remote filter, Can't speak for the Fords listed but I at one time added an extra full flow filter by intalling it behind the headlight housing. Was easy to change as it was directly behind the front bumper.

Ahhh maybe in front of the radiator would provide some room. Good idea.

Yep, I vist the Tuarus web site now and then. Thanks, I check it out there too. It's off the oil subject but if your Taurus is anything like my 98 the rear springs are sagging. I finally found a company that will make cargo coil springs for it $140. Let me know if you want the info.

Nah, my Taurus only has 30,000 miles on it and I rarely haul heavy junk around in it (includes the mother in law). OTOH, my '01 Windstar could use HD springs/ shocks in the rear. My last Windstar ('96) had the load leveling air ride suspension which was great until the engine blew up at 76,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back