Buying oil filters: anyone buy them online?

I'll buy filters from Rock Auto or Summit is ordering other stuff from them.

Originally Posted by Kestas
Not just oil filters, but i rarely visit the local auto supply houses anymore.

There you go.
On line is cheaper and great selection. Fast delivery.
Only way to fly.

I buy almost all my oil filters online. I got some great deals on eBay over the years. I'm pretty well stocked up now so I haven't been looking for online filter deals.

yes, i purchase oe filters from a toyota parts store off ebay. seller is in cali i am in ny free shipping to my doorstep in 2-days. highly rated seller

So all you ebayers have a PayPal account?

Every time I think about ebay I think I have to create a dummy bank account to link to a PayPal account so the baddies don't have an avenue to my real bank account.

Before you call me paranoid, you are aware of the multiple, serious, repetitive deliveries of names, account info and account access, aren't you?

The say, "such and such was hacked and 150 million names were compromised today". You do realize the vast majority of "breaches" and "pirating" are committed in-house.

I don't want to give bank info or credit card information to every stinking meth head (and oil filter hustler) out there.

Don't scold, it's just how I look at it.

Amazon, Ebay, Fleet Filter, Discount Fleet Supply, Filter Barn, and Cross Filters.

Just depends what I'm looking for and who has the best price w/shipping.

Originally Posted by Kira
So all you ebayers have a PayPal account?

Every time I think about ebay I think I have to create a dummy bank account to link to a PayPal account so the baddies don't have an avenue to my real bank account.

Before you call me paranoid, you are aware of the multiple, serious, repetitive deliveries of names, account info and account access, aren't you?

The say, "such and such was hacked and 150 million names were compromised today". You do realize the vast majority of "breaches" and "pirating" are committed in-house.

I don't want to give bank info or credit card information to every stinking meth head (and oil filter hustler) out there.

Don't scold, it's just how I look at it.
Not scolding, but I always thought of PayPal as an EXTRA layer of security, above and beyond my CC providers usual fraud protection. Although, I NEVER use nor have a debit card, nor link a bank account to PP-that would be insane (although I have other protections through my credit union, very little $ available in checking nor savings available for ACH withdrawals, unless I transfer it there the same day).

Paypal is an extra layer of security, you aren't exposing your credit card or bank info to anyone.

Paypal makes the transaction for you.

I have used paypal for TWENTY years with zero issues.

Originally Posted by Gixxer8989
I buy all my filters from RA.

Me too..... four at a time. When I'm out and in-need. Just purchased four AC Delco 1127 Ecores for my Korean vehicles.

I would buy my filters online but I like to look at them before I buy them. Even your favorite brand puts out a dud once and awhile. I know it works for many people every day.

I consider louvers duds. So many are off-center. So I switched to Ecores with my latest Rockauto purchase. In another 18 months when I order again, I'll reconsider a change.

I suddenly got a very short cold engine clatter on our new Kia. Then I noticed the free oil change filter has been changed from 35504 to 35505. So no OEMs for me right now.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I consider louvers duds. So many are off-center. So I switched to Ecores with my latest Rockauto purchase. In another 18 months when I order again, I'll reconsider a change.

I suddenly got a very short cold engine clatter on our new Kia. Then I noticed the free oil change filter has been changed from 35504 to 35505. So no OEMs for me right now.

Dunno about the 35505 OEM filter causing issues. Odd, we only use OEM kia/Hyundai filters as prescribed by Kia/Hyundai

Habe had many issues using "aftermarket" or smaller size "consolidated" filters though. Wonder why🤔

no personal bank/checking account on file with paypal. i just have my credit card listed. i think you need a bank checking account if you want a sellers account so you can receive funds from people. not 100% but thats my account.

Originally Posted by Oildudeny
no personal bank/checking account on file with paypal. i just have my credit card listed. i think you need a bank checking account if you want a sellers account so you can receive funds from people. not 100% but thats my account.

With PayPal you can set it up to withdraw from a checking account (without being a "seller"), or a credit card. I've paid with PayPal with checking withdraw for years.

Thing is, PayPal does not have your password to your banking info, so having PayPal withdraw from checking is no different than you having any company withdraw from your checking once it's setup. IMO, it's even more secure to have PayPal take it out of you checking account than your credit card because they do have your credit card on file. With your bank info (just the account number) they only have your bank account number but no passwords, etc to get directly into you account.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Was searching ebay earlier today for some 4386 oil filters for Toyota. Was wondering where you folks buy oil filters online as some members here have more than 1 or 2 vehicles. Lookin' at maybe buying a case of auto extra 51394 since I haven't saw issues with them.

Thank You folks
smile.gif

I get the SRT oil filters for my Dodge Challenger 392 Hemi online from Amazon. However, I reported them to the BBB for crappy packaging that damaged two filters (some idiot put them in a bubble envelope). They finally sent a replacement in a regular cardboard shipping box as they had done last year. I think they were trying to be cheap and save money. Hopefully they will continue to ship them once again in cardboard shipping boxes. This process to correct stupidity took about 4 weeks.

Last edited:
Back