Buying an 02 Mazda protege5, 66k miles. AutoRX it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: poison
I tend to drive hard; I live in socal, where winters are mild and summers are brutal; I do lots of stop and go driving. I came from a subaru, where 5-30 is recommended for the impreza in the US, but a 40w or higher is recommended by subaru for the same car in other locales. It has to do with subaru of american meeting cafe standards, not what's best for the car's longevity. in other words, I don't trust any manufacturer to automatically do what's best for me.

I've read lots of reports of people here using it with great effect for many years, in kmany different vehicles. Seeing as the p5 2.0l is a 30-40 engine designed for a small truck, I figured rotella might be a good fit.

Don't fall for the heavier is better schtick. You will gain nothing in protection by going to a 40wt.

And don't fall for the 30wt-only-in-america [censored] either. Just because something is spec'd elsewhere doesn't make it a better option. A lot of times the thinner oils just are not available outside of the US.

Anyone know an Amsoil dealer in West Los Angeles?

How about contacting one of the Amsoil Dealers on this site and then everything is shipped to your address.

I looked at that, but it was $9 shipping + $5 tax, for an $80 oil change. $10/quart? Cool. $17 filter? OK. But adding $15 tax and shipping to a $60 oil change? Pass.

I looked at that, but it was $9 shipping + $5 tax, for an $80 oil change. $10/quart? Cool. $17 filter? OK. But adding $15 tax and shipping to a $60 oil change? Pass.

If you buy it from a local Amsoil Dealer he is still going to charge you shipping, the trick with buying Amsoil is that if you buy a certain amount the shipping charges go down.

I usually end up buying 2 cases of trans fluid when I need it so the shipping is less.

Ah. I guess it'll be PP or Redline or whatever i have available locally. Too bad.

Ah. I guess it'll be PP or Redline or whatever i have available locally. Too bad.

Its hard to beat the price of Pennzoil Platinum, I do 5000 Mile OCI's so I really can't benefit from using Amsoil right now.

I wouldn't mind spending more for a yearly OCI, like I said $60 and I'm in, but $80...nah, I can do 7k on any good synth in this car, i'm pretty sure.

I wouldn't mind spending more for a yearly OCI, like I said $60 and I'm in, but $80...nah, I can do 7k on any good synth in this car, i'm pretty sure.

I think you can bypass the shipping cost with Amsoil if there is a Distribution Center near you, the problem for me is that the nearest Distribution Center is about 100 miles away from where I live.

Anyone know an Amsoil dealer in West Los Angeles?

Pablo and Gary both deal in West LA

Nearest DC is in Las Vegas. Feel like a road trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back