Bushings need to be replaced

Why would one of the OP have problems with the Moog? Saw some negative reviews on Amazon as well.
Not sure I have always had good luck with them and they seem to be of fine quality. Moog is the only brand I’ve ever used for suspension parts most are made in Mexico now though instead of USA but still appears to be great quality.

What is a good brand for them?
It's a crapshoot. At one time Moog, TRW, McQuay-Norris and others could all be considered quality pieces. The few that still exist are not what they used to be.
The last time I bought Moog, I paid a premium for it, and it came with a Made in China label. Fool me once, shame on you... I've since bought some Mevotech ball joint type sway bar links for about half the price of Moog. In service for a year, they seem to be decent pieces.
The good news is your car uses the bolt thru style of sway bar end links, which would be hard for a manufacturer to screw up. Most any should perform well.
The sway bar to frame bushings show a few different sizes listed, so be sure to mic the bar to get the correct size.

IMG_20191204_122434135.jpg

Last edited:
It's a crapshoot. At one time Moog, TRW, McQuay-Norris and others could all be considered quality pieces. The few that still exist are not what they used to be.
The last time I bought Moog, I paid a premium for it, and it came with a Made in China label. Fool me once, shame on you... I've since bought some Mevotech ball joint type sway bar links for about half the price of Moog. In service for a year, they seem to be decent pieces.
The good news is your car uses the bolt thru style of sway bar end links, which would be hard for a manufacturer to screw up. Most any should perform well.
The sway bar to frame bushings show a few different sizes listed, so be sure to mic the bar to get the correct size.

View attachment 34545
I saw a bunch of newer, poor reviews on Moog, that I decided to Mevotech a try.

Not sure I have always had good luck with them and they seem to be of fine quality. Moog is the only brand I’ve ever used for suspension parts most are made in Mexico now though instead of USA but still appears to be great quality.
Maybe I would be fine with this peticular part from Moog, but I was reading reviews elsewhere as well, other part sites, and Amazon. Those white bushings looked cheap in the picture.

Maybe I would be fine with this peticular part from Moog, but I was reading reviews elsewhere as well, other part sites, and Amazon. Those white bushings looked cheap in the picture.
The ones I just bought had the normal black bushings never seen white ones.

Oh ok those are the polyurethane bushings mine have the other type can’t remember the name right off. Normally they are filled with grease and not hollow.
This could of what happened here. Moog may just threw a part together using parts from elsewhere. Those bushings may originally been designed to be filed with grease, and better utilized in another application. But since they didn't make the part with grease zerks, the bushings may not be suitable for that part. Hence, the poor reviews for it.

This could of what happened here. Moog may just threw a part together using parts from elsewhere. Those bushings may originally been designed to be filed with grease, and better utilized in another application. But since they didn't make the part with grease zerks, the bushings may not be suitable for that part. Hence, the poor reviews for it.
Yeah I guess it varies by vehicle. Neoprene bushings is what the ones I got have. In my opinion much better than the polyurethane ones. I can see why you don’t want them now.

Oh ok those are the polyurethane bushings mine have the other type can’t remember the name right off. Normally they are filled with grease and not hollow.

Sway bar end links filled with grease? Maybe a heim joint, but not this style.

still say Energy Suspension was the way to go, but let us know how the Mevotech work out.

Now I got the end links fixed. When I drove it home, it is giving off another noise. Really hard to explain how it sounds. Just that noise changes with the speed of the vehicle. Hear it coming from rear. Can't believe it would be related, but I noticed it after leaving.

Now I got the end links fixed. When I drove it home, it is giving off another noise. Really hard to explain how it sounds. Just that noise changes with the speed of the vehicle. Hear it coming from rear. Can't believe it would be related, but I noticed it after leaving.
Is it like grinding, clunking, metal hitting something or none of those and was it getting louder as you go faster?

Is it like grinding, clunking, metal hitting something or none of those and was it getting louder as you go faster?
The original clunking sound is gone. This, I believe the end link and bushing replacement fixed that. No clunking and no metal hitting sound. It might get louder as you go faster.

The original clunking sound is gone. This, I believe the end link and bushing replacement fixed that. No clunking and no metal hitting sound. It might get louder as you go faster.
Maybe you could make a sound recording if it’s hard to describe that might help us determine what it is.

Maybe you could make a sound recording if it’s hard to describe that might help us determine what it is.
Sometimes I thought I am half decent figuring out computers, just got my first smart phone this year and it is just not like using a desktop/laptop, but now I am at a state I am fighting it. This afternoon, I got a recording, but yet I cannot attach the file here. Err.

Back