Bushings need to be replaced

I have noticed that I was getting a clunking sound when I going around curves and going over bumps. I went looking under my truck and this what I found? Looks like a missing bushing. What would that part be? I have about 111000 miles on my 04 Ford Sport Trac. What parts should I all consider replacing? My body mounts also appear they need attention as well.

Attachments

• F1113FED-AFDE-4850-B6BE-A757B9562263.jpeg
    F1113FED-AFDE-4850-B6BE-A757B9562263.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 236
You need new sway bar links. Check the bar bushing condition too.

Need 2x Motorcraft MEF190
About $20 each
Front sway bar links
I'd recommend doing the front sway bar bushings too, as it's probably time
They're about $10 for the pair, but measure your bar first so you order the right size

I don’t see body mounts in the picture.
No they aren't, but I know a bunch of then are deteriorating. I don't know if this is a Sport Trac problem or if most vehicles have this problem. Never heard of people replacing these, but seen it on the Sport Trac forum.

x2 on sway bar end links and bushings. I've actually had the best luck with MasterPro and Mevotech Supreme, the Moog PS stuff lasts about 6 months for me, Mevotech or Masterpro still over 5 years old and no issues. Or, go OEM too!

For the body mounts, should be easy to tell if they're cracked or falling apart. Otherwise I'd leave them alone. OEM would likely be best here.

x2 on sway bar end links and bushings. I've actually had the best luck with MasterPro and Mevotech Supreme, the Moog PS stuff lasts about 6 months for me, Mevotech or Masterpro still over 5 years old and no issues. Or, go OEM too!

For the body mounts, should be easy to tell if they're cracked or falling apart. Otherwise I'd leave them alone. OEM would likely be best here.
As it is with the body mounts, I do have some, the ones in the middle, they are either cracked or falling apart. I am not too sure that OEM is an option. The Motorcraft site has not been useful. It shows some parts they don't have and others are just out of the world expensive. I guess I could call my dealers parts department to see what they have. If it a job I would have undo everyone to be able to do, I might as well replace all the isolators. It it appears that I need to replace some hardware as well.

As it is with the body mounts, I do have some, the ones in the middle, they are either cracked or falling apart. I am not too sure that OEM is an option. The Motorcraft site has not been useful. It shows some parts they don't have and others are just out of the world expensive. I guess I could call my dealers parts department to see what they have. If it a job I would have undo everyone to be able to do, I might as well replace all the isolators. It it appears that I need to replace some hardware as well.
Have you asked BDCardinal on here he is a Ford parts guy you can PM him and find exactly what you need and he can help you find it

Have you asked BDCardinal on here he is a Ford parts guy you can PM him and find exactly what you need and he can help you find it
I just finished PM him. Gave me all the parts numbers, but not all parts are available anymore. The same ones that I saw weren’t. So OEM is not an option for me there, at least partially. So I would have to go aftermarket.

I just finished PM him. Gave me all the parts numbers, but not all parts are available anymore. The same ones that I saw weren’t. So OEM is not an option for me there, at least partially. So I would have to go aftermarket.
Oh well I hope you can find everything you need in the aftermarket then.

Need 2x Motorcraft MEF190
About $20 each
Front sway bar links
I'd recommend doing the front sway bar bushings too, as it's probably time
They're about $10 for the pair, but measure your bar first so you order the right size
The sway bar bushings look good. Any reason they wouldn't be?

The sway bar bushings look good. Any reason they wouldn't be?
After removing both end links, grab the bar and try to move it in the bushings. Try both pushing and pulling, and twisting on its axis. If it's snug, install new links and be finished with it. If it moves easily, replace them. To avoid having to wait for the bushings while the car is apart with the job half done, consider buying them ahead of time with the understanding that you will want to return them if they're not needed.

After removing both end links, grab the bar and try to move it in the bushings. Try both pushing and pulling, and twisting on its axis. If it's snug, install new links and be finished with it. If it moves easily, replace them. To avoid having to wait for the bushings while the car is apart with the job half done, consider buying them ahead of time with the understanding that you will want to return them if they're not needed.
What is a good brand for them?

Back