Burst pipes, who got them?

Try as a I may, never been able to get a perfect match to the original textured finish. Found the best way is to roughly smooth and level the wet paster on application, and then spray area thoroughly with a mister on both the repaired area and a trowel. Then using the trowel, compress the area and then detach it from the sealing. If you get the moisture level of the plaster right, the irregular finish comes close, at least to the ceilings of my 1921 home.

The cold water pipe for the shower runs above the kitchen ceiling. It froze on Thursday and burst on Saturday as the weather warmed. Luckily it was during the day and we were quick to turn off the supply. No major flooding, was early enough in the day for me to buy the supplies from the store and get it fixed. The last time I had done soldering of pipes was more than a decade ago but still had the skills.

The ceiling needs to be repaired - it's textured and I will need to remove it and reapply the texture. What a pain.
Scrape off all the texture.

Our master bath’s plumbing is in a cooler area of the crawl space. I turned the water off (and left faucets open) to that area just as a precaution, but the air temp was still 40*F or so.

I turned it all on last night. No issues thankfully.

Back