bumper scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it shows black then its down to the bottom already...i think only a paint repair will help but u have to be really carefull not to make it look bad.

usually on bumper scratches like that i get a tooth pick and dip it in the paint and slowly fill the scratch...i dont fill it all the way, just enough to cover it...at least peopple wont see it...but i think there is something else that can be used....someone in here would know, its called like kallase or something.

Only being driven about 1K miles my silver 2003 Echo got its very first scratch on its front colored bumper.
frown.gif
I have been very careful by parking it away from other cars since new and this still happens.

The scratch shows some black surface. What is the best way to cover the scratch? Thanks.

sifan-go here
www.paintscratch.com
They have touch-up paint in sticks,4 oz bottles or they can put it in spay can. You will find info about clearkcote with rubberized additive for your rubber bumper. Touch-up bumper and top with proper clear.

then you can apply whatever your favorite wax. If you want to know about Klasse "All in One" or Sealant glaze a search will find you lots of info. You can pm me and I'll give you a link for all the info you could handle.

quote:

Originally posted by digitaldrifter91:
usually on bumper scratches like that i get a tooth pick and dip it in the paint and slowly fill the scratch...i dont fill it all the way, just enough to cover it...

cool.gif
I tear off a paper match and use the torn end like a little paintbrush, it works well. Just did on my wife's car last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back